8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just picked up an automatic 2009 civic EX 4 door, figured I join this community and see what I can do to mod my car aestheticly and performance wise on a budget.
After a bit of digging I was not able to find much, to me it looks like I got the short end of the stick not picking up an si.
I wasn’t able to find many body kits for my model, and the ones I was able to find were very expensive.
I only have basic knowledge of cars please correct me or suggest any better options that would work for my model! my idea for this car is to throw some coil overs on, upgrade to some 17s, put an exhaust and CAI on, and maybe do some body work if it’s not too expensive. I have no clue what parts would fit my model, and it seems like not much would for the ex from my research.
Please suggest some quality budget friendly parts for me that you think would be a good fit, does not have to be on the list above (links would be helpful) if it’s even possible id like to put a switchable exhaust on, so when I’m driving through my neighborhood at night my cars not obnoxious lol.
In the future I plan to buy a ktuner if that’s a good idea

·
Registered
6 Posts
Start HERE; also the reason you're likely not getting responses is due to your minimal knowledge on vehicles (I don't mean that in a condescending way either, it just is what it is).

More so, your expectations are a little too grand..due to lack of knowledge again. People don't want to hold someone's hand and give free lectures to someone who put in zero effort to search Google for a lot of those questions. That probably sounded rude, but asking for handouts without trying is no better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please don’t be like that kid asked me to rebuild his engine. After several messages I got his goals. he wanted 1000 hp in a b16 with $500 budget. NA with no boost. End of the conversation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a black 2008 EX Sedan. I started with debadging and an OEM chrome exhaust tip. Total cost $55.

I've considered adding the SI grill (which I like better than the std) and SI 17" wheels and gray leather seating (which was an option on the EX). Appearance? - better. Speed improvement? - zilch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Start HERE; also the reason you're likely not getting responses is due to your minimal knowledge on vehicles (I don't mean that in a condescending way either, it just is what it is).

More so, your expectations are a little too grand..due to lack of knowledge again. People don't want to hold someone's hand and give free lectures to someone who put in zero effort to search Google for a lot of those questions. That probably sounded rude, but asking for handouts without trying is no better.
I completely understand what you’re saying, I appreciate what you have linked aswell. I’m not asking for someone to hold my hand through the process, and I have done a good bit of research. To make it clear, I’m asking other civic owners what has worked for them, I don’t want to drop a lot of money on part and be disappointed, when I can ask the community here what they recommend and vouch for. Thank you for the input though I appreciate it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts