8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As noted in the title, I have a 2009 civic ex sedan. I can't figure out the true specs, most official websites only show 2010 and I've read a few conflicting sites. Some say that only the coupe has the 350-watt stereo while the sedan has the 160-watt like the LX, other sites/forum I read claim that EX has one and EX-L has the other, some say LX/LX-L has 160 vs EX/EX-L which has 350. What do I have? I don't have documentation in my car as the dealer gave me the wrong one :readtherules: than I gave it back and they never gave me the updated one. Also, I went to crutchfield to see speaker sizes and it says 6.5" front and 5.25 in rear, however it looks like I have 6.5 all around.

Bottom line, I want to upgrade from factory speakers but I don't know if the stereo needs upgrading too. I'm not an audiophile but the sound really sucks. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know that my 07 ex was the only trim that model year besides the si with the upgraded audio system, with the sub

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
the only sedans that got a premium 350W 7-sp system are the Si models, EX Coupes are the only non-Si model to get it

youve got 6.5s all round regardless though, 6.5 components front, 6.5 mid/co-axials rear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts