8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
So if we do this mod... can we use brights headlights and fogs all at same time or no? because ever since i've done this mod (1 month ago) ive blown three fog lights... and i havent blown a fuse and no shorts or nicks in my wires anywhere and i know all my splices are good.... it doesnt say anywhere or either i passed over it. is this my issue? trying to run brights with everything else on? bulbs are hella optilux extreme yellow and 55w just like stock. i never touch them during install so thats not it either. im so confused.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Soldering is very easy. Just dont hold it in one place too long or any plastic will melt. You tube it and you can learn. Also practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey man, I've got a problem, seems like you have been able to help everyone else out and I wanted to try my luck.

I've got all the wires cut and it looks like a hot mess... however this is what I've got so far...

purple wire is spliced from the stalk, ran it down to splice it into the relay (orange wire) and nothing. not even with the headlights on, no fogs.

after I looked through the thread, i tied it back into the other half of the orange wire, how I currently have it spliced in. I get fogs but just like the factory...

I don't know what I did wrong... any help? :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Are you doing it just like how I did in the DIY or are you doing it bypassing the extra switch?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you doing it just like how I did in the DIY or are you doing it bypassing the extra switch?
I've read this entire thread and I'm confused how to skip the extra switch. I am installing my fog lights, and doing this mod at the same time. I have a switch on the stock with the turn signals and headlight switch. How would I still do this mod but with out the extra switch? Like what do I skip, and what do I do differently?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
The oem swtich would controll the fogs reguardless of the car's headlights being on or off.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
So basically.. with this mod.. the foglight with turn on and off with the use of the switch on the oem stalk and with high beams on.. the fogs won't turn off too?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Independent means they turn on regardless of whatever else is going on in the car.

I didn't have to do the extra switch thing. I did this so long ago I forgot why, I think it's cause I have the stalk control the reason I didn't need the switch...

I simply cut a wire on the relay (I forgot what color, you'll have to check elsewhere or someone chime in) and soldered it to the purple wire on the plug in the back of the stalk control. Here you see the red/orange wire I used in the bottom of the pic (with the shrink tubing).

and here you see where that red/orange wire is soldered to the purple wire....

I don't mean to confuse anyone, the red/orange wire I used is just a spare wire I had laying around..... you can use whatever you want.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts