8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove it on Friday. What a huge disappointment.

As always the engine has tons of power and torque and as always with the WRX it takes a second to get it. No suprise there. Shifter is still rubbery and kinda notchy with an amazing amount of "play" while in gear. Shifter is wayyy too tall for my liking even stock and is large and clumbsy compared to the last gen.

Styling is the killer. Exterior is a take it or leave it type thing. Kinda bland for my taste in that kind of car. The interior is TERRIBLE. I will never complain about my Si materials or fit and finish again. Steering wheel is not nearly as cool as the older MOMO ones. Seats were very cheap feeling and looking. I dont remember the older ones feeling/looking that cheap. I kinda liked them with the waffle seats. Now they are some kinda cheap imitation neroprene knockoff. The rear seats are a joke. So uncomfortable it wasnt even funny.

I dont know a ton about their packages, I just had the opportunity to take one out at on of my sister dealerships. Maybe they have a few trim levels which have the nicer materials for seats, steering wheel and shifter ??? Dont know.

While I am typically a WRX fan for the AWD, power, torque, ruggedness and ability to mod. I was very very very disappointed :mad: Maybe look for a pre-owned if your going to get one.........

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
nice review. Thanks for testing it too. I think it's an eyesore. Subaru fired their last designer because they didn't like what he was doing. I think this designer should be sent to Iran. The new car is hideous.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
As much as I disliked the previous styling, I'd take the Alfa look to the current style.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The new WRX is sad... all the previous models were good lookin but now its just an average econobox. :( look at the sedan picture then look at the toyota corolla and tell me the difference, becasue i can't seem to find a difference. Upsides are the new wrx comes with the double wishbone back suspension! and i bet the modding is going to go crazy, like typical wrx's. The intercooler looks really *** and looks just like a wallet. overall... the car is sad :(:(:(:(:(

si ftw.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
yeah. the only way the above resembles the alpha more, is the airplane grill vs. the alpha grill.

the new one is more alpha in overall body styling. take a look at the backside of two wagons...the previous ones are way to boxy to be anything alpha romeo..

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
confusedxpanda said:
The new WRX is sad... all the previous models were good lookin but now its just an average econobox. :( look at the sedan picture then look at the toyota corolla and tell me the difference, becasue i can't seem to find a difference. Upsides are the new wrx comes with the double wishbone back suspension! and i bet the modding is going to go crazy, like typical wrx's. The intercooler looks really *** and looks just like a wallet. overall... the car is sad :(:(:(:(:(

si ftw.
I hope you're kidding

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
CZ-75 said:
Not even remotely close. Subies wish they looked that good. Alfa's are beautiful cars. Seeing a picture is nothing compared to living in their home country and seeing them everyday. I've owned 2 and I drove a 156 at work when I wasn't driving the BMW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts