8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Turbocharged Chevy Cobalt SS around the Ring

According to GM's press release.. "In fact, the Cobalt SS set a lap record for front-drive sport-compact cars at the "'Ring," posting a time of 8:22.85 minutes – besting the previous record by more than 13 seconds."

2008 CHEVROLET COBALT SS FAST FACTS

* Engineered and developed by GM Performance Division
* 2.0L Ecotec turbocharged and intercooled engine with 260 horsepower (194 kW)
* GM Powertrain Sweden five-speed transmission with short-throw shifter
* Nürburgring-tuned FE5 Sport suspension delivers 0.9 g grip
* Brembo fixed-caliper front discs and vented rear disc brakes
* SS-specific appearance with unique fascias and rear spoiler – including available high wing
* 18-inch high-polished forged aluminum wheels and Y-rated performance tires
* SS-specific interior with new sport seats, A-pillar boost gauge and more
* On sale: second quarter of 2008

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
This blows, Honda is gonna freak cause this thing will prolly only be 2k-4k more than current Si and will steal some of their business away. In response they'll throw a turbo on the Si as an upgraded engine for an extra 3k and I'll be stuck with my 07 NON-turbo Si, wishing I had waited longer...

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Ford has a good chassis with the Focus. The older Focus SVT had the same .9g skidpad and all of the reviews had the car as the best handeling. Most magazine editors raved about how it was as good as a BMW. Just lacked the forced induction powerplant. With GM SS doing this. Ford SVT will not be too far behind.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Pdivizzle0112 said:
im thinking the next si will have a k23 turbo.

Same as the Rdx, only with an 8000 rpm redline.

That, would be a beast

One can only hope...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Szat said:
This blows, Honda is gonna freak cause this thing will prolly only be 2k-4k more than current Si and will steal some of their business away. In response they'll throw a turbo on the Si as an upgraded engine for an extra 3k and I'll be stuck with my 07 NON-turbo Si, wishing I had waited longer...
lol. Honda will freak? I doubt they care, im sure they are confident in their reliability and reputation to carry them in sales. They've won almost every award in almost every class in their lineup. A boosted honda would be nice though. :dancing:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts