8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 08 Si with 220 on it. Looking for some advice from others who may have gotten theirs this high/ had similar problems. My only problems are a grinding noise when I first start the car and some rear end rattle when I'm taking off.
Any ideas on the grinding noise? My mechanic thinks it's some sort of oil pressure issue but isn't sure. Anyone else fix this problem? It also has a very similar grinding noise (no where near as bad) around 3.5k to 4k rpms..
Anyone who has fixed this and or knows what other kind of maintenance I should do around this mileage please let me know!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have and 08 Si with 220 on it. Looking for some advice from others who may have gotten theirs this high/ had similar problems. My only problems are a grinding noise when I first start the car and some rear end rattle when I'm taking off.
Any ideas on the grinding noise? My mechanic thinks it's some sort of oil pressure issue but isn't sure. Anyone else fix this problem? It also has a very similar grinding noise (no where near as bad) around 3.5k to 4k rpms..
Anyone who has fixed this and or knows what other kind of maintenance I should do around this mileage please let me know!

Has the car in question had a valve adjustment?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the grinding noise on start as well, and have since I got the car 25k miles ago. In my searching, I found some information saying it could be the VVT solenoid clogged with debris. There are also 2? small filters on the path to the VVT solenoid that get clogged up with debris. Apparently, this restricts oil flow and creates a low lube metal on metal from somewhere in the engine. The sound gets shorter when I put in new oil.
Anyways, I replaced my VVT solenoid to no avail. I wasn't able to clean those filters, so they might be the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the grinding noise on start as well, and have since I got the car 25k miles ago. In my searching, I found some information saying it could be the VVT solenoid clogged with debris. There are also 2? small filters on the path to the VVT solenoid that get clogged up with debris. Apparently, this restricts oil flow and creates a low lube metal on metal from somewhere in the engine. The sound gets shorter when I put in new oil.
Anyways, I replaced my VVT solenoid to no avail. I wasn't able to clean those filters, so they might be the problem.
Do you remember where you found this information??? I've been looking for concrete evidence before ordering parts but to no avail. hate to see this motor take a crap on me for something stupid I'm capable of fixing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts