8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So yeah, my 2008 NHBP Si, which I picked up from the dealer last friday, has been vandalized. Someone took some sort of blunt object to the rear right quarterpanel, right by the tail light. This must have occured sometime in the night while i was sleeping, as my Si sits outside (mom's car gets the garage). The damage is massive and i'm told that a body shop probably can't even pop it out and it will require a whole new panel install.

I will post pictures tomorrow when I wake up, however, this is my first car ever and i'm not sure where to start? I already filed a police report and I have yet to call my insurance company! I'm hoping it's covered by my policy, however I'm worried that it will make my rate go up. Although, I can't see how I am higher risk just because someone randomly smacked my car. I know for a fact it couldn't have been a hit and run by another car due to the fact that I was parked against the curb, so unless someone was driving on my lawn (which they didn't), no one could have hit it with a car.

Assuming it's covered, where should I go to get it repaired? Probably the Honda dealer, for obvious reasons? I don't yet have my own mechanic or anything like that, and I don't even know what shops are trustworthy etc. (I'm in Calgary, AB).

Will post pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
wow i'm sorry for that man. this sounds kinda like my issue with my trunk lid. someone or maybe a stray rock from a lawnmower or weedwacker probably hit my trunk lid and put a tiny dimple dent along with chipping the paint, primer and clear coats and going right down to the bare metal.

I called honda and talked to them and they said to send it to the bodyshop they send their customers to. this bodyshop does mercedes, BMW, HONDA and VW's.

it's gonna cost me about 420 to 430 dollars to fix. don't be surprised if they COULD get that dent out of your car somehow. you'd be surprised how good some of these dent tech's are.

i'll stand by for more Q's and to see pics. again, really sorry man.....god, an 08 already?.:eek:hnoes:

Oh yeah, i didn't file a police report for my trunk lid OR used my insurrance. i'm paying for it outa my own pocket. this all happen while i was at work BTW. i'll have to post a link to a previous already made thread that i made some time ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MAN i SURE DO FEEL FOR YA

b.rock said:
Hey guys. So yeah, my 2008 NHBP Si, which I picked up from the dealer last friday, has been vandalized. Someone took some sort of blunt object to the rear right quarterpanel, right by the tail light. This must have occured sometime in the night while i was sleeping, as my Si sits outside (mom's car gets the garage). The damage is massive and i'm told that a body shop probably can't even pop it out and it will require a whole new panel install.

I will post pictures tomorrow when I wake up, however, this is my first car ever and i'm not sure where to start? I already filed a police report and I have yet to call my insurance company! I'm hoping it's covered by my policy, however I'm worried that it will make my rate go up. Although, I can't see how I am higher risk just because someone randomly smacked my car. I know for a fact it couldn't have been a hit and run by another car due to the fact that I was parked against the curb, so unless someone was driving on my lawn (which they didn't), no one could have hit it with a car.

Assuming it's covered, where should I go to get it repaired? Probably the Honda dealer, for obvious reasons? I don't yet have my own mechanic or anything like that, and I don't even know what shops are trustworthy etc. (I'm in Calgary, AB).

Will post pics tomorrow!
WOW! I still would of parked your car in the garadge instead of your mom. I feel since you car was just picked up should your honda dealer help ya out? Ya I just picked up my 2008 SI on saturday & I keep it in my garadge. Ya I just hate those MOTHER ****** JELIOUS ASSHOLESSS. I really don't think your insurance will change but it should be covered depending on what coverage you have. The car that the dealer took on trade was egged by an ******* & the damage only cost me 100.00. Well good luck ok. Oh by the way my SI is white so what color is yours?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Dude that sucks so bad. Your rates might go up b/c it just proves to the insurance company that ur car catches ppls eyes and is at high risk. As for fixing it I am sure they are gonna weld a new panel on. My friend had the same damage on his rsx and they couldn't pop it out they fabricated the whole panel over. As for where to get the work done, ur right, dont go to some Joe Shmo on the corner. I doubt Honda does it themselves but if u ask them they will send you to their preferred body shop where they send all Honda customers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Monababe said:
WOW! I still would of parked your car in the garadge instead of your mom. I feel since you car was just picked up should your honda dealer help ya out? Ya I just picked up my 2008 SI on saturday & I keep it in my garadge. Ya I just hate those MOTHER ****** JELIOUS ASSHOLESSS. I really don't think your insurance will change but it should be covered depending on what coverage you have. The car that the dealer took on trade was egged by an ******* & the damage only cost me 100.00. Well good luck ok. Oh by the way my SI is white so what color is yours?
I understand what you're saying, I recently got my car and I feel hostility when I'm driving now. Back when I drove my 94 camry, no one would even look at me.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
^YEAH, and it only happens around young people. the Si is a young person car. young girls don't look as much as young punkass dudes that think of touching it or messing with it or vandalizing it in some way. this car gives me headaches, thats why i've taken off all of the badges and sticker decals and whatnot that indicate that it's an Si. infact, today some dude in a 4th gen mustang Gt wanted to race me and asked me "hey, what is that anyway?, is that an Si?" I was hessitant to replying "yes, yes it is" i told him yes anyways but THAT is what kinda response i'm looking for. If people mainly the younger people have to try to guess whether if my car is an Si or just a regular CIVIC, than i've accomplished my goals of simply taking off the badges and I-Vtec DOHC stickers just to hide what it truely is. besides, it makes it WAY more easier to wax and detail. CHEERS!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
wow man,
that really sucks.
Which part of the city do you live in? I'm in Calgary too, now you got me all scared for my new car! I have known two people who's cars were vandalised somehow when they were not around. Both times insurance covered it, but i am unsure what happened to their rates.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
That sucks man. I hope it all gets taken care of painlessly, quickly and smoothly. Good luck & keep us posted with pics.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here are the pics I initially took of the car, a couple days after i got it. About to run outside to take the damage pictures right now.
*edit* @ Duk, I live in Woodbine, in the SW. It's a nice neighborhood so i'm just baffled.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Srry to hear that. I hope you get it fixed soon. I dont have much knowledge about insurance policies but it shouldn't go up. Tell your mom to leave HER car outside. :coffee:

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's funny how there is always someone in the forum who responds: "THESE JEALOUS A$$H*LES"

the civic si is a great car but there are tons over better cars out there. The Si is still an econo-car. I'm pretty sure ppl are more jealous of lexuses, bmws, infinitis, etc

The messed up part is you were parked against the curb, so it was definitely intentional vandalism. My car was damaged from some hit and run. As long as things like this don't keep happening, ur insurance rate should be fine. Btw what does your mom drive?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I can't wait to get a house of my own with a 2 car garage.

yeah, you need to park your Si in the garage for a little while.

thats WAY too soon for something like that to happen.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, we have a one car garage so my moms infiniti clearly takes priority =/.
@ Johnold - yes, it could've happened any number of ways. except all of them must involve it occuring on the side of my car NOT facing traffic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts