8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is leaking coolant from the right side of the engine bay near the transmission, I don't know exactly what is causing it to leak but it only leaks when the car is warmed up and the coolant system is pressurized. I would just like to know if anyone has had a similar problem and if they know where the leak is coming from. The car hasnt been safetied yet and this would cause it to fail and I would like to start driving it soon because my neighborhood isn't really a private race track

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe it is the water pump because the leak is coming from the right side of the engine bay and the water pump is on the left side (looking at the engine bay head on)

·
Registered
15 Posts

I would check the water outlet gaskets sometimes they leak, its between the water outlet and the head. Also check the heat hoses coming from the fire wall and radiator hoses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just found the problem and it's the metal pipe that attaches to the valve cover and the intake not sure what it does but it's leaking near the intake side thanks Blue_fb6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts