8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running 20mm spacers on a Mugen si ? Im trying to figure out if the oem studs will have any issues with the oem wheels

·
Registered
2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan
101 Posts
I thought you were talking about a different style spacer. Those should be fine with your current setup. Stock stud length and what not. They should have come with their own nuts I'm assuming?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they came with their own but I’m kind of worried about their Length of the oem studs and Im just being paranoid and trying to figure out how safe it will be

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah they came with their own but I’m kind of worried about their Length of the oem studs and Im just being paranoid and trying to figure out how safe it will be View attachment 243853
Some wheels have a recess in that area, so the stock studs wouldnt hit. If yours do not have a recess then you would have to cut the stock studs to use that spacer. Personally I wouldnt because eventually you may decide you dont want those spacers amymore. I think those style spacers are cheesy and sketchy although many people use them
I would rather buy wheels that have the specs you want. Not that my opinion matters

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I would just use and install APR extended studs. I did it on mine after lowering using Raceland ultimate coil overs. I was having slight rubbing. I used a 5mm spacer and I had to extend the Lugs

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running OEM Si wheels with 20mm spacers stock height slight rubbing over bumps.
most modern wheels have pockets on the back of the wheels to accommodate spacer studs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts