1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Please delete if repost)

From our friends at:

The Torque Report said:
It's still up in the air if Honda is ever going to release an all-new S2000, but that isn't stopping the automaker from releasing special versions of the current car.

Honda has just released the S2000 Type S for the Japanese market which is very close to the S2000 CR that we are getting on these shores.

Both the S2000 Type S and S2000 CR come with stiffer suspensions, a new aerodynamic body kit, a massive rear wing and unique 17" inch wheels. There are only two differences between the cars. First the S2000 CR's suspension is calibrated more for the track while the suspension on the Type S is more geared for the fast winding in Japan. Therefore the suspension rates on the Type S are a little softer compared to those on the CR. The second difference between the two cars is that the CR has a removable aluminum hardtop and the Type S does not.

The S2000 Type S and S2000 CR both have the same high-revving 2.2L 237 hp four cylinder engine.

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/10/2008_honda_s2000_type_s_unveil.html

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
so now they are making limited edition models with giant wings, front lips, and new wheels...

Honda is running out of ideas
Richard hammond "its become not a car anymore so much as an engineer play thing."
Hammond, "Honda step away from the s2000 move on to new things."

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
They could have done some improvements to the engine. Perhaps taken some cues from the r18. Shotpeened moly pistons, dual intake manifold.... . Perhaps some other low friction coatings or ceramic coatings. Or even just copy cat some of the aftermarket performance parts.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
healtoc said:
The first model was AP1. Came with a 2.0 9000 rpm engine and the AP2 came with a 2.2 with a 8000 limiter and only put out 5 more pounds of tq. the japanesse 2.0 ap1 had 250 hp due to less smog limitations.
Acutally the AP2 makes more power than the AP1, not just by a couple of numbers. Remember the SAE ratings changed again. The 2.2(F22c) is a stronger engine just not as fun as the 2.0(F20c 1k more revs).

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
healtoc said:
The first model was AP1. Came with a 2.0 9000 rpm engine and the AP2 came with a 2.2 with a 8000 limiter and only put out 5 more pounds of tq. the japanesse 2.0 ap1 had 250 hp due to less smog limitations.
CR and Type S is based on the AP2 Design thats why i said "original" AP2

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Snake-eyes said:
so now they are making limited edition models with giant wings, front lips, and new wheels...

Honda is running out of ideas
Richard hammond "its become not a car anymore so much as an engineer play thing."
Hammond, "Honda step away from the s2000 move on to new things."
I couldn't agree with that more. Maybe I should drop that in the suggestion box at work?? :lildevil:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
I would still rather have an AP1 with J's racing body kit, hardtop and performance parts over a brand new AP2 CR/Type S.
I take everything you said, but the Mooncraft Hardtop instead coupled with the CR/Type S spoiler. :D

I actually like the spoiler, and the front, but that just be the bit of the CR's design really appealing to me.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
It looks almost exactly the same as the CR. The F20C engine itself is old, but I don't think a V6 in the CURRENT S2k's a good idea myself. Maybe the next-gen Sx000, but not this one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts