8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a 2008 civic lx.
It has 118k miles. The carfax states there was damage to the bumper. It seems nothing major, other than the bumper and front quarter panel being replaced.

I've been texting the owner. He wants to sell it for $4500.

I'm curious is there anything in particular I should look for? I'm going to have a independent mechanic look at for sure.

Any info would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking to purchase a 2008 civic lx.
It has 118k miles. The carfax states there was damage to the bumper. It seems nothing major, other than the bumper and front quarter panel being replaced.

I've been texting the owner. He wants to sell it for $4500.

I'm curious is there anything in particular I should look for? I'm going to have a independent mechanic look at for sure.

Any info would be great.
Thanks
If you can get it up on a rack, that is the best way to see the true aspects of the vehicle. You might have a better shot at seeing any visual damage to the accidents you're talkin about. Lookout for leaks, these R18s have a tendency to crack blocks. Anything done to it? Lookout for coils, in most cases that means its been revved around hard. And for 4800, i hope your wheels are nice and you have AC. (Guess that depends on location). GL bro.

I'm not sure where you're located, but I'm in central California, and I just happen to buy the same exact vehicle with about the same exact mileage. My ac doesnt work, so i nabbed the car for 38xx, but other than that, a bit of chipped paint, and either a cigar cherry or bowl cherry burned into my passenger seat..(previous owner) its emaculate.

Hope that helps. Make sure the window Vin matches trunk panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm in the sacramento area. I probably take it to a local honda dealer and have them PPI for me. At least they can put it on a lift.
As for coils, will there like dark colored residue of sorts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts