8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 honda civic si small vibration felt at idle. "Heartbeat" " stumble"

Hello I recently got a 2008 civic si fa5 119,000miles. And I noticed that when its warm at idle. My Rpms stay at 650 ish and the car idles fine no dips or anything. But I feel this weird pulse/slight vibration that's intermittent. No drivability issues.. it almost feels like the car hiccups but my rpms do not move. I changed my sparkpkugs to ngk iridium's, and i also ran some lucas and did a fresh oil change.. i did notice i have a small crack where the rubber intake hose attaches to the manifold.... i wonder if that could be the reason. I have a sri coming in mail tomorrow that should replace that hose. I also ordered all new engine mounts that i will be replacing on weekend.

But I'm scared that after I replace the hose it wont fix the stumble.... do any of you guys ever have a heartbeat like vibration/ hiccup.... it's only a vibration not actual rpm dip or anything. And only when car is warm... the guy I bought car from definitely had it sitting for a while... I can tell because it had expired tags from August of 2018... and tires were complete ****.... I got new tires window trim moldings, spark plugs, oil change. But this vibration scares me..... came from a 2013 frs, so I'm not used to the inline 4 vibrations

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm not sure I have any suggestions, but welcome to the forum. I too am the new owner of an older civic. Mine is an 06 FG2, but it has a very slightly irregular idle as well, mostly heard in the exhaust, and not so much at the engine. It has a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust.

Please post up your motor mount replacement results if you can, and any updates after doing the work. All too often people do great work on their car but never post the results. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently Installed my sri, and I did all of my motor mounts. I've been doing some research and it seems as if I might need a valve lash adjustment. My exhaust sometimes pops now that I put on the sri.. only at idle only when warm.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts