8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, reading the Si threads about shifting problems has me scared. Must be that 6sp tranny, eh? Anyway, my coupe has about 3,000 miles on it now and shifts just fine (although a bit notchy when cold). Does anyone know of a lot of shifting problems with the manual tranny in non-Si Civics?

·
Registered
37 Posts
ya gotta wonder

had my 07 si 4dr 3 mths over 6000 miles not a single shift problem.
i really dont believe i got the only good one.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe a trend....perhaps a close correlation with age and shifting problem will graphically display the cause, not to sound age discriminatory (I'm 45 and drive like grandma). Let's see the whole demographic here folks, and maybe we'll see that those young whipper-snappers are out there spanking those ponies and causing them to throw a shoe! :biggrin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an 07 Civic EX manual with just over 10k miles on it. So far I have not had any shifting issues, but the shifting does have a noticeable notchy feeling.

I just installed a short shifter adapter and it hasn't affected the notchy feeling significantly.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have the issue mostly when it's cold on my Si. Had my car for about 2 months now with about 3,900 miles on it. I'm 37 and baby my car most of the time. I hope the dealership will change the fluid for me on my visit hopefully this weekend and see if that helps. Oh and I also have the suspension pop on occasion which is annoying, but that's about it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-J- I had popping coming from the rear passenger side. I could produce the sound with the car off and trunk open by pushing down on the passenger side. It was a faulty shock and I only had 300 miles on the car when I started hearing it. Very annoying. They replaced it under warranty, and over 3000 miles later it's still fixed. I think there was a rash of bad shocks put on these cars - lots of threads about them. Amazing that it kept happening in the 2008's! How long does it take for quality assurance data to get from the dealers to manufacturing?????

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-J- Just noticed you're in Sacramento. I was born and raised there until the Navy saw fit to have me on the East Coast for the last 24 years. I miss the climate. River City Senior High School class of 1980 - West Sacramento.

·
Registered
664 Posts
-J- Just noticed you're in Sacramento. I was born and raised there until the Navy saw fit to have me on the East Coast for the last 24 years. I miss the climate. River City Senior High School class of 1980 - West Sacramento.
Thanks for the tip on the shock. I read about it on several threads, but I haven't been able to do anything about it yet. Mine pops on the front driver side so it's really noticeable.

I am actually in Elk Grove. Sacramento has changed. If you do move back, go to Elk Grove instead. Much nicer! Sacramento is headed for the dumps since all the cops seem to be headed to Elk Grove since they pay better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elk Grove is very nice. I was shocked that West Sacramento was such a crap-hole the last time I went home last year. North Highlands as well. My Mom lives off Watt avenue by what used to be McClelland AFB. Lots of crime. I'd actually like to live in Auburn or further north. Anyway, enjoy the weather my friend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts