8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the dealer tell me they can do 2008 civic SI with Navi for 24000, is that a good deal? or i can push for more? btw this is a coupe

Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
08's have not even arrived at dealers yet. I doubt he/she would be able to give you a perfectly accurate price. If he is giving you a price, it's definitely either MSRP or an inflated price.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
24k OTD is alot in my opinion. Like above..they aint even out yet. They are going to put a market value on it so make sure u aint getting hit wit that. When I ordered my 4dr Si....I had the dealer put my offer in writing and I got it 1k UNDER msrp. Dont take no ****....plenty of dealers are making deals cuz the Si's are selling better than ever.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Exactly. The 2007 Si with navi is under $23k, so at the MOST you should agree to MSRP and not some random number. And of course, shop around first.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
fairladyz_gt-r said:
thx guys ~! btw what is a good price then? i have to 6% tax and thats it i think
Since the MSRP for the 2008 model has yet to be announced, that's up in the air. But bottom line is this...you shop around, and whichever dealership will offer you the lowest price for the same car is your "best price". Don't agree on an actual number until the MSRP is announced.

The worst price would be anything above MSRP, that's for sure...dealer markups ftl

·
Registered
939 Posts
Invoice is 21k....or a bit more...6% tax and everything else should total 24k if you know how to work it.

BUT, since you are getting a 08 brand new within the first week or so they get it...it may be worth it for you to pay their "mark up" of a few hundred.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
if that includes tax (here in NY it is ~8%)...they are giving it to you for around MSRP...and for an 08 that sounds like a good deal...make sure you get it in writing so that when they get the actual car in they dont try to back out.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
kgee said:
Invoice is 21k....or a bit more...6% tax and everything else should total 24k if you know how to work it.

BUT, since you are getting a 08 brand new within the first week or so they get it...it may be worth it for you to pay their "mark up" of a few hundred.
\
Few hundred? HAHAHA riiight. I got the first si Sedan in Nj, and I went back to the dealer two days later cuz I had to finish paperwork and their was a Black Si sedan sitting on the lot...taped up still. The "market Value" was a $3,000 mark up!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just calculated it....if the invoice is 22k then it should be around 23k after tax...so i should push for 23500 then? ****....why are honda soo expensive?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I got mine at invoice, my OTD was 23,600. Go to www.edmunds.com it is a great site that you can use to your advantage. I never stepped foot in a dealership, the dealing was through email and phone....goodluck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
BigGeorge said:
I got mine at invoice, my OTD was 23,600. Go to www.edmunds.com it is a great site that you can use to your advantage. I never stepped foot in a dealership, the dealing was through email and phone....goodluck!
Did you pick your car up at the dealer or have it delivered?

·
Registered
939 Posts
illusionstwice said:
\
Few hundred? HAHAHA riiight. I got the first si Sedan in Nj, and I went back to the dealer two days later cuz I had to finish paperwork and their was a Black Si sedan sitting on the lot...taped up still. The "market Value" was a $3,000 mark up!
I said a "mark up" of a few hundred....I didnt say
"hey let them markup however much they want"

its obvious a mark up is in the thousands.

24k sounds good to me

and if invoice is 22k, after 6% tax thats like 23300........so 700 for dest. charge, doc fee, tags etc...whatever....Its not like he is getting ripped off.

good deal.................

BIG different than a great deal.....GREAT deal would be more like 22k OTD or so.

I paid 19990 OTD for my EX and I got a GOOD deal.
At invoice plus 8.25% tax is 19500
I feel good about it, and thats all that matters because I paid for it.
Sticker price was 21500
I didnt even see the sticker until I got it home...and then proceeded to laugh.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Why don't you buy a brand new 07, and not have to worry about the pain in the ass TPMS? You know you'd get a better deal on an 07 for the exact same car.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
MBK said:
24K OTD for 2008 Navi aint' bad... that's assuming all fees and taxes are included
+1 That is a decent price and I would have paid that. I paid $20.5 for my SI Sedan (non navi model) OTD, but I didn't have to pay tax because my trade-in was worth more.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wait wait, so is this good deal or not...if yes i might jump on it.... and regarding why not 07? well there are no white navi in any of the surrounding states....

·
Registered
139 Posts
fairladyz_gt-r said:
Wait wait, so is this good deal or not...if yes i might jump on it.... and regarding why not 07? well there are no white navi in any of the surrounding states....
I think that's a pretty good deal, if I calculate that final cost down to the actual cost of the car (using standard d&h+tax+tag+doc fee) then it comes out to $21605.94.

Did the dealer tell you when the 08's are coming?

·
Registered
665 Posts
mattsbobo said:
Why don't you buy a brand new 07, and not have to worry about the pain in the ass TPMS? You know you'd get a better deal on an 07 for the exact same car.
TPMS ftl! i had an 07 Tacoma for a short time before i picked up my Si.. the first thing i did was try some new wheels and tires. and that TPMS was nothing but problems..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts