8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just have a question on the Invidia Q300 exhaust that I have. I've been pulled over a few times all ready (I reside in PA) for having a "modified exhaust" they say that the car is too loud but I know the Q300 is one of the quieter exhausts out there. I was wondering is there any silencer that I can put on the exhaust. I just bought the car a few months ago and I do not have the stock muffler nor do I want to swap the Q300 out. Also, is there a law in the state of PA where you can't have a modified exhaust? Only thing I've read online is that it cannot make an absurd amount of noise.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't believe there are any silencers for the q300 but you might be able to get one made or use one from another exhaust. As far as the laws in PA I don't know much about them, unfortunately some states are stricter than others when it comes to exhaust laws.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm in Western PA out in Butler. If you live in cities then the decibel level can be enforced. Is it BS? yes.

But I can tell you one thing. I live in PA and the previous owner put an axle back fart can on my current ride. Loud af and drones if over 3.5k on the tac. It's obnoxious to me even, and I'm into aftermarket exhausts. I've had no issues with the law. (sidenote, purchasing a catback of my own choosing in summer)

You could just be being reported by crap neighbors or dingus locals where you drive. Either way, sounds like you're getting jerked around unnecessarily. Never heard of cops out my way busting people for loud exhausts. If you live in a densely populated area, you might be screwed dude. Could be considered a noise violation too, like if you were blaring music late at night. Check your local municipality laws.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. It’s just the cops out here I’m in luzerne county. I live in a small town. I don’t consider this **** hole a city. These cops have nothing better to do but **** with people. Super annoying. I’ll jus keep rpms low wherever I go when it’s late out

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks man. It’s just the cops out here I’m in luzerne county. I live in a small town. I don’t consider this ** hole a city. These cops have nothing better to do but ** with people. Super annoying. I’ll jus keep rpms low wherever I go when it’s late out
Good luck man. Eventually they might get bored of messing with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts