8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the metalized film did me in....learned this in a google search....after the problem.

Is is possible/feasible/what's required, to go to some type of non oem antenna? Could it be concealed in the trunk?

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
I have the same problem and i had it retinted three times...

Although for me it dies when you turn the defogger on... im not going to bother with it personly, but i have the 10% black tint on my car.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
My tint shop said the metallic tint he will use wont block my radio reception. He said they didnt have the non metallic in the darkenss i wanted (30%). He used Llumar or something like that. My FM is still good, my AM is gone.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
He lied.

Of course, had you been flexible on what darkness you wanted........

Or at least just tint the rear window with 35% Llumar AT CH and the rest with ATR (metalized) 30%.

But besides people that like talk radio and sports no one listens to AM anyhow!

However, GPS can be effected.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
He lied.

Of course, had you been flexible on what darkness you wanted........

Or at least just tint the rear window with 35% Llumar AT CH and the rest with ATR (metalized) 30%.

But besides people that like talk radio and sports no one listens to AM anyhow!

However, GPS can be effected.
lol... i actually started to listen to sports radio the month before i got my tints.... so i was kinda upset. OH WELL... i'll just watch the sports on TV lol.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Metallic tint will affect only the AM stations. On FM it doesn't.

But for me I went with ceramic all around because I wanted the best for my car an keep it legal. Also, some people don't know this but some ceramic tints (35%) blocks more/reduce heats than regular 5% tint.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Metallic tint will affect only the AM stations. On FM it doesn't.

But for me I went with ceramic all around because I wanted the best for my car an keep it legal. Also, some people don't know this but some ceramic tints (35%) blocks more/reduce heats than regular 5% tint.
Sometimes FM can suffer if the defroster is on.....which, I guess you don't use that much in Hawaii.

Depends on the car too. I'm not sure if civics have the problem with AM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.