8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I too am allergic to the auto. I ordered and waited two months for my 06 ASM Coupe EX 5spd at Honda Cars of Boston, because there was nothing on their lot or the lots of any dealer in NE. The sticks tend to be more common in the DX's I think. They would find other cars while I waited, but in different colors. I almost gave in for the NBP, but couldn't live with the tan interior. Anyway, if you don't have to have the car right away I would just order and wait for exactly what you want. Good luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would assume that your looking for a 2008?? If you are, I know that in canada we are not going to recieve them untill december. Not sure about the united states. We are delayed up here because we have a rebate from the government on the 5 speed models. Honda had to send 5 civic's back to japan to get re worked so it would hit the economy target. Not sure if the american car's got affected but i would assume so! Hope that answers your questions.
PS. Im a salesman for a honda dealership in canada

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Civicsalesman said:
I would assume that your looking for a 2008?
Yes, here in the States leather and heated exterior mirrors didn't become available until the 2008 model year.

Civicsalesman said:
Honda had to send 5 civic's back to japan to get re worked so it would hit the economy target. Not sure if the american car's got affected but i would assume so! Hope that answers your questions.
Thanks for the help! :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was recently (1 week ago) at Lundgren Honda in Auburn, MA (near Worcester) and they had a dark blue 5 speed manual EX-L in stock without navigation. The day I went, it was some Accord promo night, but the salesman said they were selling it for $500 under MSRP. They don't haggle with price at this dealer, what you see is what you get (or so they say). Good luck!

http://www.lundgrenhonda.com/

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
ja993 said:
I was recently (1 week ago) at Lundgren Honda in Auburn, MA (near Worcester) and they had a dark blue 5 speed manual EX-L in stock without navigation. The day I went, it was some Accord promo night, but the salesman said they were selling it for $500 under MSRP. They don't haggle with price at this dealer, what you see is what you get (or so they say). Good luck!

http://www.lundgrenhonda.com/
Thanks for the link. ;)

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
shipo said:
Too funny. A couple of years ago we hired a contractor to finish off our basement, and for a while at least, he seemed to be a pretty upstanding guy. Then all of the sudden he split with nearly $15,000 that we'd paid him to get "contractor" rates on carpeting, a propane stove and some masonry work. The carpeting did go in (about $6,000 worth of the $10,000 we paid for), however, apparently he never paid the carpet company and they came after us.

I of course refused to pay for something that I'd already paid for (and then some) and the carpet company threatened to sue me. My lawyer told me that since I never had a contract with the carpet folks, I wasn't liable for any payments to them and that they should go after the contractor who commissioned them to do the work. Apparently they'd already tried that but he was a slippery little bastard and had always managed to avoid service. Then one day one of the contractor's former employees (who was now doing work directly for us with me acting as "contractor") found out that this slime-ball was now selling cars for Cambridge Honda. I passed that information on to the carpet company and haven't heard from them since, and that's now been over two years. Rumor has it that this guy is still working there.
thats messed up
i got my honda from there, i never had any trouble

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
brazilianguy said:
thats messed up
i got my honda from there, i never had any trouble
I'm sure they don't know that this guy is a slime-ball, so it should be no reflection on Cambridge Honda that they employ him. The fact is, he can put on a very respectable air that had me fooled, and normally I have a very sensitive wise-guy meter. :(

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Pentabubs said:
had to go an hour out of my way to the Ann Arbor dealer to find a galaxy gray 2 door manual EX. No one else had them. but i got the only one they had on the lot, I had to have what i wanted, no settling.
When did you buy it? When I bought my 07 EX MT GG coupe a few months ago my dealer only found 2 within several hundred miles. One was at a dealer in Ann Arbor, the other in Columbus, OH. They ended up getting the one from Columbus because they had something they wanted.

When I was shopping for my car they didn't have any MT Civics on the lot except a Si. I didn't want to test the Si because I knew I would want it and I didn't want to want it:thumb: . I guess in the EX trim the Auto is more common. I had to have manual.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just order it; email 5 dealers in your area and the ones that gives you the best price gets your money; you may have to wait a few weeks but at least will be with very low miles and not with many miles like the auto ones at the dealer that everybody drives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2008 Civic EX-L

I bought a 2008 Civic EX-L stick on Oct 24th,They said i would have the car the first or second week in Nov.
Ontario Canada.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts