8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 Civic Coupe PICS!!

I just bought a 2008 Civic coupe rally red car automatic. I am looking to do some major upgrades on the car. I recently got my tint done which was 15% rear and 5% in the back. I am trying to mod everything on the car.. should i first do the mechanics of the car then the outside or what? Also, whats the first mod I should do for the mechanical side of it? I am looking at the injen cai currently.

My ride..

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
why did you get auto if youre about modding? you can only add so much to an auto slushbox.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even with an auto, you can still get alot of mods into it. I just need some tips on how to start.. such as should my first mod be a CAI injen or what? also where could i get a cai injen for my 08 coupe?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
welcome dude... imo u should have got a si instead since your gonna mod... just my .02
^^^ heard that comment over a billion times on this forums...

sad truth is, hes right. whether you bought your coupe because of the price or insurance reasons, it doesnt matter, you really cant make that thing too fast. intake header exhaust for performance, get the lips kit, rims, and wait for better mods to come out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Like the other guys said, you can spend a bundle of money on R18 automatic and maybe get an extra 15-20 horsepower and still not get off the line. Best performance mods for your car is improved suspension system and appearance upgrades. Sorry !!!!!

Thanks for the welcome guys. Well, I am not looking to get a huge hp gain out of this car.. I am more looking for a nice sound and appearance. I recently got into a huge accident and thats why I am now taking it slow while driving. I am just looking for tips on what to do and such. I am thinking about purchasing a Injen CAI.. i heard the sound on that things and its awesome. My second purchase i want it to be a skunk exhaust.. good idea?

·
Banned
18,912 Posts
so basically dont even bother for the CAI and save up to get a skunk exhaust? Thanks for your help soo much. It is about 30 degrees here.. would i need a blow dryer to debadge?
its not really nessesary..but heat gun should help a lot for clean job. i mean, intake does give you decent increase hp. but you can do exhaust first then CAI. thats just my 2cents. thats just what I would do If I were you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.