8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girlfriend has a 08 civic coupe (black) and i want to tint her taillights cuz she really wants it. i want it to be pretty much blacked out, but enough where ppl can still see her brake lights when she brakes lol....im not sure if i want the reverse cutout or not though....do you guys have any pics of black coupes with taillight tints w/ and w/o the reverse cutout? i want to get tint film cuz its a lease car too...ive looked at bluebats overlays, but for some reason, they dont seem dark enough lol

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
bluebatmobile carries the full tinted tail light overlay and you can get darker shades. grafixpressions just has the reverse tail light part

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a black si coupe and this is where I got my taillight tint:

eBay Motors: HONDA CIVIC COUPE TAIL LIGHT SMOKE COVER 06 07 08 09 si (item 350174032263 end time Mar-11-09 13:35:20 PDT)

It's not a film or even an adhesive, it sticks on with just soapy water like a cell phone screen protector. Makes it really easy to remove if you want to, but stays on if you want it to. Everyone tells me that the break lights look fine to them with it on, even though the lights look really dark during the day. I'm paranoid though and cut out the reverse light and blinker part of mine to cut down on the chance of CHP hassles. Unfortunately didn't take any pics with the full cover on.

Sorry about the cellphone pic and dirty car, best I can do here at work. I'll get you a better pic later if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.