8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been having a problem with a 2008 Honda Civic Coupe 1.8L

The A/C compressor and A/C fans will not engage.
But taking out the relay and using a jumper wire between pin 30 and 87 turns on the compressor.

I have already changed the A/C pressure switch but still have the same problem.

The issue could possibly be the compressor thermal protector, so i checked the resistance and it was around 1.7 ohms.
Not sure what the spec should be.

Could it be a wiring issue under the dash?

Any help would be appreciated to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Buy yourself a THINKDIAG tool and it will tell you if the A/C switch is turned on, what the pressure sensor is reading and if the A/C clutch is being commanded. Get the THINKDIAG FULL and it will allow you to actuate the A/C clutch to verify all that circuitry to the relay in intact.

The thermal switch is actually a switch, you can temporarily bypass it by pulling off the connector and simply jumping the 2 pins together on the harness.

The A/C system won't command the clutch if the pressure is too low. When you jump the relay, is it blowing cold air inside the car?

There is a known problem with our cars HVAC controls in the dash. Getting a late 2009 or newer unit from a junkyard has a revised circuit board. Although on my car, the condensor fan was on all the time, and the clutch was on all the time and wouldn't disengage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy yourself a THINKDIAG tool and it will tell you if the A/C switch is turned on, what the pressure sensor is reading and if the A/C clutch is being commanded. Get the THINKDIAG FULL and it will allow you to actuate the A/C clutch to verify all that circuitry to the relay in intact.

The thermal switch is actually a switch, you can temporarily bypass it by pulling off the connector and simply jumping the 2 pins together on the harness.

The A/C system won't command the clutch if the pressure is too low. When you jump the relay, is it blowing cold air inside the car?

There is a known problem with our cars HVAC controls in the dash. Getting a late 2009 or newer unit from a junkyard has a revised circuit board. Although on my car, the condensor fan was on all the time, and the clutch was on all the time and wouldn't disengage.
Yes, when I jump the relay, it blows cold air.

I will do some research about the THINKDIAG tool, and the HVAC controls.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts