8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a guy who went to the Ride and Drive!...posted on vtec.net

Just returned from 08 Accord ride and drive and here are the major improvements:

1. As we all know, improved VCM for all v6 models, improved because teh engine can now switch from 6 cylinder to 4 cylinder to 3 cylinder, 3 different modes.

2. Two different 4 cylinder engines and two different v6 engines
4 cylinder model: 2.4 L, IVTEC 177 HP and a 190 HP engine
6 Cylinder model: 3.5 L SOHC IVTEC 268 HP one with and without VCM; later engine for coupes.

3. VSA, Active head restraint, 4 wheel disc brakes with EBD, Dual Chamber side airbags, TPMS, ACE Body Structure, ABS, DRL standard on all models.

4. No more DX or VP model, there are two different LX models, LX and LX-P, LX-P adds Driver side 8 way pw seats, 16" alloy wheels, Chrome exhaust finisher, security system, illuminated pw win switches.

5. Navigation is exactly like the Acura Rl, bluetooth is standard on Navigation Models, No more touch screen, nav screen placed higher up, a la 5 series with a toggle. 700 voice commands, really nice..

Initial Observation

After selling the current Accord for the past 5 years, I found it very difficult to find many more things Honda could of done to improve on the next generation Accord, but I think Honda hit its mark. The vehicle has a tighter ride than the current accord. Interor layout is first class, blows camry and altima out of the water. Beside improving on the NVH and technical features, Honda engineers really made this an Evolutionary Accord rather than ground breaking, which is alright with me, cause we sold a lot of 03-07 accrod.

The design looks main stream for the sedan but the coup really kicks ass; people will fall in love with the coup.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah.....18" wheels for the V6 and Coupe 6MT

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ivtec03 said:
Yeah I agree, but its for the torque.

I wonder if Honda will develop a hybrid version soon.

Nope..........

Look for a "Clean diesel that is revolutionary" coming in the 09 or 10 model years

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unbreakable said:
why SOHC??!?!?!!? :( DOHC is the way to go!!!

Gas milage and Torque.......DOHC on a Honda V6 IVTEC probably isn't really needed.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
cbondhonda said:
Gas milage and Torque.......DOHC on a Honda V6 IVTEC probably isn't really needed.
lol the si gets 22 city, correct me if im wrong (i drive one) but forgot what the stick says haha but my god if they made a dohc ivtec on a v6...lol..10mpg city? haha theyre already far enough away from gas milage with the Si IMO. im not concerned in MPG, just k20's hahaha

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Really nice specs. I thought about waiting for them to come out but I could not justify the cost. If I was going to get one I would have to get the V6 MT and even without navi I am sure the first year models would have been around 26-27 BEFORE any stupid market adjustment. Plus my daily driver was getting more and more unreliable so I just got the Si, which is no real compromise as it's an amazing car.

I am guessing top of the line models with leather will easily sticker 30k+ for at least the first 6 months.

Chris, what is the most expensive Accord that you have seen sold before? I don't mean inflated cause a customer had bad credit, I just mean the highest sticker?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
camshafts are used to control the valvetrain...so yes they effect torque.

torque is applied through the crankshaft yes, but the vavles can determine what the engine gets as far as air and feul.

also crankshaft and the camshaft are connected for timing purposes so that valves open at the right time during the crank. thus a lighter valvetrain = less torque lost at the crank.

SOHC's with 4 valves/cylinder require rocker arms which add recipricating mass. DOHCs are more efficient with VVT.

basically DOHCs can rev higher than SOHCs so your torque per hp is less with DOHC. but that doesnt really matter...

but alot of it really depends on the specific application...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
e60.deluxe said:
camshafts are used to control the valvetrain...so yes they effect torque.

torque is applied through the crankshaft yes, but the vavles can determine what the engine gets as far as air and feul.

also crankshaft and the camshaft are connected for timing purposes so that valves open at the right time during the crank. thus a lighter valvetrain = less torque lost at the crank.

SOHC's with 4 valves/cylinder require rocker arms which add recipricating mass. DOHCs are more efficient with VVT.

basically DOHCs can rev higher than SOHCs so your torque per hp is less with DOHC. but that doesnt really matter...

but alot of it really depends on the specific application...
LOL

What he said....... :redface:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
918civic said:
Really nice specs. I thought about waiting for them to come out but I could not justify the cost. If I was going to get one I would have to get the V6 MT and even without navi I am sure the first year models would have been around 26-27 BEFORE any stupid market adjustment. Plus my daily driver was getting more and more unreliable so I just got the Si, which is no real compromise as it's an amazing car.

I am guessing top of the line models with leather will easily sticker 30k+ for at least the first 6 months.

Chris, what is the most expensive Accord that you have seen sold before? I don't mean inflated cause a customer had bad credit, I just mean the highest sticker?

Well it works differently here.....because of the way we sell cars.

We have never sold a vehicle above MSRP.....and never will.

Even the S2k CR with AC we are getting in will be sold at or below MSRP....

So the most I have ever sold a car for was MSRP.....LOL----and that was either on a Fit or CR-V....everything else always has some kind of discount below that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts