8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

whats a fair price for the car?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I found a used one owner 2007 civic si sedan 4D with 97k miles. the vehicle is completely stock. do you think its worth it to pay 8500$ for the car?
what should I watch out for while checking out this vehicle?

Any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
2010 Civic Si Sedan 68K miles
57 Posts
I do think its worth it. I bought a 68K mile 2011 earlier this year, 1 owner, all stock, all records, and paid a lot more. Then again I didn't want a ragged out modded one .

Trans synchros you should check out
bad paint

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do think it's worth it. I bought a 68K mile 2011 earlier this year, 1 owner, all stock, all records, and paid a lot more. Then again I didn't want a ragged out modded one.

Trans synchros you should check out
bad paint
Thank you for the reply, The owner doesn't have records since he serviced at a local shop but he says he does have receipts for the purchases. I still think 8500$ is a bit too much for the vehicle, got my reference from KBB but I don't think KBB values specific vehicles the right way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone, I found a used one owner 2007 civic si sedan 4D with 97k miles. the vehicle is completely stock. do you think its worth it to pay 8500$ for the car?
what should I watch out for while checking out this vehicle?

Any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The actual condition of the car is a huge variable here. How has the car been maintained? How are the wheels and tires? How is the body and the windows? Has it lived in a rust free area its whole life? How is the interior? Could be worth $10K or more in super pristine condition, and maybe $4K in running lousy condition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you see that the paint is faded anywhere on the car walk away (it spreads fast). My paint looks terrible. However im on 170k and I drove it 1k miles in one go.. And its still a beast

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I were you, go check the car out and if the condition is at all not to your liking, note every thing that you have a problem with. Take the car to a local mechanic to have them look it over and ensure there’s nothing mechanically wrong with the car. Note every single thing that could be a bargaining piece and try to get them down to 7,500 or 7. I just bought an 07 Si sedan with 120k on the clock for $6,100 and it’s in really good condition. I’m sure that $8,500 would be WELL worth the car you’re getting but $7,500 would be such a great price....assuming there’s nothing wrong with it. =P The Clutch Master Cylinder, synchros, and often times the A/C compressor are what goes wrong with the early 8th gens. Other than that I bet it’s clean as a bean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts