8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just need to know what's the stock dyno for the si from the dealer , im going to the dyno tommorow with only k & n drop in filter and exhaust with no resonator, i bought a fujita too but i'm going to dyno tommorow with k&n only cause most of the thread say that fujita get heatsoak , i kinda agree cause when i put back my stock intake i felt power at low end pulls better than fujita, but i lost the top end that fujita gives, i don't know if it just me but i felt fujita is slower 1st to 3rd gear only pulls hard at 4th ,i hope the k& n drop in filter makes a diff..i just wanna know what the stock whp of si cause there's no way i can put my stock exhaust back and dyno it thanks...

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
It depends who you ask, not only do the conditions and the dyno make a difference, but every car is different as well.

I think most are around 170-180 whp

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
i ran 182whp & 134wtq myself on an in-floor DynoJet dyno. '07 4DR Si here in Orlando, FL. did a baseline cuz one of my buddies works @ Titan Motorsports & has access to the dyno anytime he wants so long as Titan isnt using it for their race cars & whatnot. ohh & it was free of course too.

i was SHOCKED how efficient our cars are stock. given, i had less than 1000 miles on the car--and i opted for the controversial but i feel it was worth it HARD-BREAK-IN--when i dynoed so im sure everything was working in my favor so far as wear & tear go on the vehicle. impressed nonetheless & my Lordy did it ever sound sexual ;).

have a video somewhere of it... ill have to see if i can find it sometime soon. dig it out of the catacombs of my hard-drive. LOL!

·
Registered
583 Posts
slow4drsi said:
hi i just need to know what's the stock dyno for the si from the dealer , im going to the dyno tommorow with only k & n drop in filter and exhaust with no resonator, i bought a fujita too but i'm going to dyno tommorow with k&n only cause most of the thread say that fujita get heatsoak , i kinda agree cause when i put back my stock intake i felt power at low end pulls better than fujita, but i lost the top end that fujita gives, i don't know if it just me but i felt fujita is slower 1st to 3rd gear only pulls hard at 4th ,i hope the k& n drop in filter makes a diff..i just wanna know what the stock whp of si cause there's no way i can put my stock exhaust back and dyno it thanks...
newb question, but where is the resonator on our cars? i looked and didnt see where it was. if i can find it i want to get it taken off also. thanks. btw i have an 07 coupe Si.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
robertw said:
newb question, but where is the resonator on our cars? i looked and didnt see where it was. if i can find it i want to get it taken off also. thanks. btw i have an 07 coupe Si.
Just in front of the rear wheel. It's a canister that looks similar to a muffler

·
Registered
583 Posts
06blaksi said:
Just in front of the rear wheel. It's a canister that looks similar to a muffler
nice, will i have to just get some pipe welded inplace of that? i know on my buddies crossfire that's what he had to do.

and everyone i talk to says i will lose tq/hp if i remove it, isnt the resonator just for sound dampening, and almost like a spark arrestor on a dirtbike? i want to make the car sound a little better without throwing on a fart can, or losing that stock appearance. any know how will be greatly appreciated.:thumb:

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
robertw said:
nice, will i have to just get some pipe welded inplace of that? i know on my buddies crossfire that's what he had to do.

and everyone i talk to says i will lose tq/hp if i remove it, isnt the resonator just for sound dampening, and almost like a spark arrestor on a dirtbike? i want to make the car sound a little better without throwing on a fart can, or losing that stock appearance. any know how will be greatly appreciated.:thumb:
a car without a resonator sounds very ricey...

·
Registered
583 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
a car without a resonator sounds very ricey...
even with the stock muffler on it? i mean do the aftermarket fart cans have resonators on them, everyones i see dont, and not all of them are extremly ricey sounding, most are but some just look ricey. can the stock exhaust without resonator sound louder than say the greddy evo exhaust?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
robertw said:
even with the stock muffler on it? i mean do the aftermarket fart cans have resonators on them, everyones i see dont, and not all of them are extremly ricey sounding, most are but some just look ricey. can the stock exhaust without resonator sound louder than say the greddy evo exhaust?
yes,i had a resonator delete on my car, and i didnt like it.. it will be louder and more high pitched than the greddy evo2, you will also get teh "gargling" sound. just the delete of a resnonator sounds ricey. every exhaust that i know of comes with a resonator except the greddy tic, and from what i understand it is ricey sounding. it would be worth saving up for an aftermarket exhaust rather than going through the hell to try and make your exhaust louder but not ricey. if you loooking for quite, stock/sleeper looking, go for the tannabe touring medallion. it is a little more expensive than most but it seems worth it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^lol..he is talking about the exhaut resonator...
:pat:

I'd wait for Megan to offer a mid-pipe. Last I corresponded with them, they were going to have it out within a month or so from now.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i just lifted the car up today, and looked for the resonator. this thing is massive. i wonder what will happen if i replace it with just a straight pipe. power/sound?:eek:hnoes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts