8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 SI SEDAN AFTER 1st OIL CHANGE

take a look at these PICS. i went to go pick up my car in the parking lot of my service center after work. this was my first maintanance minder oil change. i do not how how much money this damage is, but the paint is scratched on ALL panals on the drivers side, it looks like verticle wipe marks down the whole passanger side, and a huge dent under the front passanger side bumper. and a bump/scratch/mare on the front drivers side nose.
WOW.

so the oild change was free,,. but now my car is paying for it.
http://billpealer.com/oil_change/

i left the car at the dealer lot, and will be there 1st thing tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
yeah man...thats bs

same thing happened to me take the car in for maintenance and when I go to pick her up theres a big dent right behind my passenger door. Looked like someone opened their door into it.Come to think of it they were pretty sketchy about some stuff..either way make them pay for it and dont trust them in the future:xyxnervou

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know

If they don't replace the panals outright on areas that have dents or scratches that cant' be buffed. i will call a lawyer. that's why i didnt take the car off the lot. all i need is them saying i f#$%ed it up driving home.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my bet

I dont even know how they could have done that, but i have seen amazing things screwed up from retarded mechanics.
there is a pretty steep ramp up to the shop area, and there are tons of huge pot holes all in the parkign lot. my guess is they floored it coming in or out of the ramp, and the other scratches and mares are from another car while parking,. or while they parked this one. it was a wet day the scratches could have just come from them towling it off while gritty from the rain.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I took mine in to get the manual trany fluid changed this week. I was a little ticked that some one had done a burn out with the car. it was only driven one mile but the tires showed it. I didn't bother to go and complain, I know they wouldn't have done anything about it. I doubt I'll leave the car next time. If I would have found my car like yours I would have gone ape ****!

·
Registered
213 Posts
What the heck is it with these people and going crazy on everyone's Si's? I pulled up to the dealership in mine to pick up some fill-in paint and i come back to my car to find a mechanic and 2 salesmen just standing around my car talking. The mechanic said "sorry had to look, we dont get these in here that much."

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I took mine in to get the manual trany fluid changed this week. I was a little ticked that some one had done a burn out with the car. it was only driven one mile but the tires showed it. I didn't bother to go and complain, I know they wouldn't have done anything about it. I doubt I'll leave the car next time. If I would have found my car like yours I would have gone ape ****!
yeah i took mine to get my right front fender and driver side door fixed...and for some reason the drivers side sticker was taken off and gas light was suddenly on...hmm fishy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Lol and never consent to letting the mechanic take it around the block to "diagnose a problem." My friend took his acura in and let the guy "diagnose" he didnt see his TSX-R for 20min and the guy came back and said he didnt feel anything wrong.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
wow.... I would be livid... My service dept. would never do that **** though.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yes...I would be livid also...that is quite a bit of damage just for an oil change...I am always afraid that will happen to me when I have to leave my car somewhere for something like this...The only thing I can do is ask them not to take off of their lot for any reason and switch the second mileage (b) trip meter to "0" and check it before I ever leave...so far, so good...Sorry that this happened, hopefully they will take care of this without you getting a lawyer involved...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.