8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 Black SI, I have 500 miles on it. I like the car but from day one I have an occasional 1st gear hesitation where you can push the gas pedal an inch or two with no response from the engine until you push the pedal past that point then it's fine, I also have the notorious rev hang although I don't think it's as bad as I've read on this forum. I went back to Honda and they tryed to reflash my ecu and no available updates were available, and my serial number is past the one's that needed the reflash but I thought I'd try anyway. Honda showed me the 2006 service bulletin and I told them I had the exact symptom's and it's still not right on my 2007, but there was nothing they could do.Has anyone else had these problem's with there 2007's ? I guess i'll have to wait until a new service bulletin comes out for 2007's, But it is kinda annoying not knowing if it's going to hesitate or not at a green light. Sorry for the long post, it;s my first post and my first Honda, Great site. Thank's FZ583

·
Registered
522 Posts
Its common. In 06 it was BAD, but 07's its a little more tame. I wouldn't put your hopes up on a TSB coming out for it though. Maybe you are confusing the hesitation with the DBW lag?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
its the drive by wire electronic throttle... you'll get used to it and after awhile its really no big deal

do a search for rev hang and you'll find tons of threads on this for more info

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
DBW, its ******* annoying. Sometimes I press on it and for 1 sec it jerks me back and forth then goes... It happens..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dbw

I know it's got to do with the drive my wire system, but it seem's completly unsafe, someone will probably get killed because of it someday them maybee Honda will do something about it.I am definetly starting to get used to it by lightly reving past the hesitation point but, I would be weary of lending my car to anyone because of it. I've been driving standard's for 16 year's so it's not me which is what Honda first thought!I wonder if it's a problem on any other Honda's or Acura's that have DBW system's, and did the 2006 reflash cure this problem? Thank's for the reply's this forum is incredible!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The S2k doesn't have the hang. I really don't notice it all too much, and my friend with an older gen S2k doesn't really notice it either. Likewise a few friends who have driven my car felt it at first, but quickly got used to it.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Yes, I posted this almost a year ago.... (not the rev hang - but the no throttle response while going 2-5km/h)

I got used to it, but damn its annoying, it's also dangerous. A few times while lurking forward to turn against traffic there wasn't throttle response and I almost stalled in oncoming traffic.

A 2008 Chevrolet K1500 has DBW too, and it has this same problem.

·
Registered
834 Posts
yeah, i thought it was my lack of skill (maybe still a little) but damn, yeah you really have to give it some gas to get it going. I have a bit over 700 miles on mine and its still annoying.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Hey welcome,

yeah its completely normal on the car. I got into a long debate when I test drove manual at the dealership the first time. In the end I went for an auto for that and a couple of other reasons.

It really isn't a safety problem in the car. I don't think anyone's crashed their car because of it... now if they get distracted by thinking about it, well that's another story but I hadn't heard of that either.

·
Banned
173 Posts
im in same boat.. have 07 after all updates.. when cold taking off its lurches... like giving it gas and letting off. Hope you dont have the third gear iss's which unfortunately im sure you will. g/l... dealer will do nothing for you.. and tell you they've heard no probs.. etc

·
Registered
42 Posts
this dbw thing is still kinda new to honda and they will get it right but im pretty sure thats the problem your experiencing. I personally like have a throttle cable but technology owns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts