8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw oil on my driveway for the first time, checked my oil and was below the two dots. Bought the car at 93,000 miles. I’ve driven it about 1800 miles? It didn’t have the leak when I bought it and just noticed it now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m hearing common issues are the valve cover or vtec solenoid?
I’ll be completely honest, only owned an 8th gen for few years and never turned a wrench on it. I’m a Ford Fox body guy, but I ended up selling my 8th gen to my brother who ended up having issues with the valve cover at roughly the same mileage as you. And I also believe he replaced the vtec solenoid (because it wasn’t working, not because of an oil leak).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll be completely honest, only owned an 8th gen for few years and never turned a wrench on it. I’m a Ford Fox body guy, but I ended up selling my 8th gen to my brother who ended up having issues with the valve cover at roughly the same mileage as you. And I also believe he replaced the vtec solenoid (because it wasn’t working, not because of an oil leak).

Is it an expensive fix?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to say a new gasket was like $30 plus some rtv for the corners. A new vtec solenoid is like $200.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts