8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Tan and I'm new to the message board. Well, I test drove the honda civic lx stick shift and liked it a lot. The only problem is they wanted 18500ish for the car(tax included). This seems to be a bit much for a lx civic, just wondering if this is a good price?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
nope, ur getting hte base model for that price, 07's prices have dropped since the 08's came out. I got my 08 Ex model for 20.8k, the car your looking @ is a base model and its a 2007, you should be around 16's with the 07 base model AT and if its MT its like 15's. This would be pricing b4 1.4k tax and all the other stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,705 Posts
CiViCDooD said:
nope, ur getting hte base model for that price, 07's prices have dropped since the 08's came out. I got my 08 Ex model for 20.8k, the car your looking @ is a base model and its a 2007, you should be around 16's with the 07 base model AT and if its MT its like 15's. This would be pricing b4 1.4k tax and all the other stuff
Remember he is in Cali, and things are't cheap out there, and the LX is not the base model, the base model will be the Dx..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Civic Pride said:
Remember he is in Cali, and things are't cheap out there, and the LX is not the base model, the base model will be the Dx..
Understood that Dx is the lowest base\ model but LX is also a base model that many people buy but nehow, didnt realize he was in Cali, in that case the price would fit the picture
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,329 Posts
Got mine for 18,100 OTD with the upgraded factory alarm. But i regret not getting the Si for a little more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
i was in ur shoes about a month ago, only difference was that i was looking @ the 08 LX model and the 08 Ex model, if u got the extra change, i would definitely look into the ex model, its well worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Yeah u get alloy wheels, steering wheel controls, contractable sunroof, thats all i can think of but trust me i have a couple buddies who wish they woulda spend that little extra money for hte ex model ^^
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
The EX also has 4 disc brakes. The LX has drum brakes in the rear. EX also has upgraded sound system. I own the LX and I'm happy with it. If I wanted to pay more I would have gotten the SI (not that much more then the EX)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I don't really care for the moon roof, I'm planning to get an aftermarket system and rims so to me it really doesn't make sense to pay extra for the ex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
vn909kaliboi said:
well I don't really care for the moon roof, I'm planning to get an aftermarket system and rims so to me it really doesn't make sense to pay extra for the ex

Those are the exact reasons I bought the LX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
Also dont forget that the EX has different door panel (has a 1" wide silver piece that runs in the middle), trunk and hood linning and a trunk popper. I bought my 07' EX auto sedan for $500 over invoice-which was $19,150 OTD (no tax in Oregon). You should still be able to get an 07 for 500 over invioce. Expect close to full price on an 08- especially with gas nearing $3 a gallon again.....

Good luck!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top