8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The car was driving perfectly fine, I just replaced the motor about 3 months ago , got a new clutch , got new clutch fluid , got new transmission fluid and it’s been driving fine.

lately when i put it into reverse it won’t go in for me so it goes half way but then i have to gas the car and start reversing so the gear can pop in all the way but when my boyfriend drives and tries the gear goes in with no problem so i think it’s just how i’m driving .

but today we were driving perfectly fine about 10 miles and we are on 5th gear and he tried to down shift and it wouldn’t go into 4th or 2nd and had to drive it with only 1st 3rd and 5th home . Idk if it’s the shifting cable or a connection lmk please. also when i move the shifter side to side on manual you hear like a click noise when it goes to the left . idk what it could be tho.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust the clutch pedal. Is the clutch OEM, or a stage 1 or 2? If it is OEM just follow the factory adjustment in your manual. If it is stage 1 or 2 clutch the process is dif. Do adjust it soon so you dont f up your new clutch

LMK and we will go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car was driving perfectly fine, I just replaced the motor about 3 months ago , got a new clutch , got new clutch fluid , got new transmission fluid and it’s been driving fine.

lately when i put it into reverse it won’t go in for me so it goes half way but then i have to gas the car and start reversing so the gear can pop in all the way but when my boyfriend drives and tries the gear goes in with no problem so i think it’s just how i’m driving .

but today we were driving perfectly fine about 10 miles and we are on 5th gear and he tried to down shift and it wouldn’t go into 4th or 2nd and had to drive it with only 1st 3rd and 5th home . Idk if it’s the shifting cable or a connection lmk please. also when i move the shifter side to side on manual you hear like a click noise when it goes to the left . idk what it could be tho.

Hey it should be your shifter cables, the cable the controls 2-4-6-R must have been kinked/stretched/snapped. Try to find a good used set of stock cables from a junk yard, Should do the job. I had mine go out on both my Si’s and just got hybrid racing shifter cables but they don’t make them for the 1.8L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts