8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please respond only if you own the 2007 LX or EX, or know accurate info about them for sure.

So I noticed that the stereo in our 07 LX cars are actually pretty good. The bass is really nice and poundy; contrast this to my friend's 09 Accord, and the bass sounds very windy and fake.

So I'm wondering if Honda put a nicer stereo into the 07 LX/EX models?

What are the specs - do these come with subwoofers stock?

·
Registered
921 Posts
there decent. i didn't want to spend any money on my stereo system, only thing i did was hook up some subs to my factory head unit that my friend had sitting around. and i think in most of the EX's they have the premium sound system.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Please respond only if you own the 2007 LX or EX, or know accurate info about them for sure.

So I noticed that the stereo in our 07 LX cars are actually pretty good. The bass is really nice and poundy; contrast this to my friend's 09 Accord, and the bass sounds very windy and fake.

So I'm wondering if Honda put a nicer stereo into the 07 LX/EX models?

What are the specs - do these come with subwoofers stock?
I have a 07 EX and the Premium Sound System sucks, big time. It even sucks with an after market Avic-Z110BT.. I will def be adding a whole new sound system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2010 EX-L with the bass works system. This is the worst system I have ever owned. thumbs down.

In the process of installing a complete new set up.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
sound is subjective. . . VERY VERY subjective, you may like it and it may be terrible to others, in the end its YOUR ears and theyre the only ones that you listen through, not mine, nor theirs

as for the stock system I had the premium audio in my EX Coupe and I actually liked it, sure Id heard better, and I did end up tearing it ALL out and going to a fully aftermarket system, but for what it is, a stock system in a sub-$20K econobox, I enjoyed it, so long as you have REALISTIC expectations of it you cant be disappointed, now thats the 7-speaker 350W premium, I have yet to really hear and evaluate a lesser system such as the unamplified 4-s and 6-s systems

·
Registered
28 Posts
its pretty good in the back, the only complaints are the freakin plastic rubmling... ridiculous. and it sounds cheap. other than that, i;ll take it for an economy car. :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
just wait until you remove the speakers and see how cheap they feel/look. As far an as EX stereo vs an LX stereo i doubt the tweeters on the EX are anything decent. Just pick up a dash kit any an aftermarket HU(deck). The new deck will put out 19- 22W rms effectively versus the stock deck which i believe put outs 8-9W rms. If you change the deck and not the speakers just be sure to keep the deck low to avoid blowing the stock speakers. An effective upgrade on a budget would be a new deck and new front speakers to start. You can fade most of the sound to the front speakers, although honestly you can get a good pair of coaxial speakers for the rear for $60-$80

*You may was well get components since the LX still has cutouts for them. There's some great DIYs on how to install and they make a huge difference.

PM me with any questions

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to bump but how did the radio reception go for anyone who replaced the stock HU?
I'm probably getting a 06 LX and the stock HU does not work with ipods, well the text/elapsed time anyway (unless you know something I don't, it needs a 'XM' button I read).

I'm probably going to have to put a HU in but I'm afraid to losing that wonderful Honda stock stereo reception.

PS: I do AM radio 80% of the time.

·
Registered
971 Posts
i have a 07 LX, and i had kept the sound stock until i blew my driver side speaker, replaced everything sound wise and now i cant stop bumping my music lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought it was fairly decent for an LX. But then I added an amp and some speakers and now it sounds great !! I really only heard the difference because I change cars. I also have an 08 328i.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts