8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't for very long. We got by him pretty early but suffered from an electrical gremlin and had to retire after only 10 laps. Our first SWC weekend was definitely an eventful one but we'll be back for sure!!!

Here's another thread on our team for those who are interested...

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49167

and a link to the event page:

http://www.world-challenge.com/events/index.php?base=33&story=2007 Grand Prix of Mosport

we're car # 41 (for some reason they had us in an Accord for the first few sessions)

·
Registered
114 Posts
So those running into those tires was an electrical problem? lol...... I'm just kidding!!!!!!! Good Luck in your season I know how challenging race days could be.....

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, we hit the tires in practice on Friday... the car died during the race on Sunday.

Race will be on SPEED channel Saturday @ 1pm!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Usually yes but this weekend the 45 car started from the back of the grid with a stock engine so it only made its way up to 7th and the 41 car was hit in the rear on the first lap by a Corvette which broke a wheel and took down a tire which necessitated a tire change and put us one lap down to the leaders. We did set the new lap record with the 41 car though...

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
very cool! one of my coworker's team competes in the GTS (??) division --one of teh RX-7's there.
the 45, is it a stock R18 or stock K20 swap? i noticed the body wasnt of an Si.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Both cars started with Si shells (without sunroofs) The 45 ran a K24 last season but this season it had a JDM K20A in it up until Friday, it grenaded in testing (it was almost 4 years old) so we put in a bone stock K20Z3 just in time for the Sunday race.

Which RX-7 team is it in GT? Can-Saf (Kurt Langeveldt) has a white one, Dave Diedrich has a blue one. There are a couple more too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts