8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the forums as i just got my "new" Civic Si a few weeks ago. Thought u guys might like to hear this:

I was looking to solve my 2003 GMC Sonoma's horrible mileage by switching to a newer, smaller vehicle, and I was actually sort of thinking hybrid, so i did a bunch of research and stuff and decided to test drive a Honda Civic Hybrid. However, my closest dealer didnt have any hybrids in stock, so i said what the heck, ill come drive an Si and a regular Civic.

I never should have driving the Si first, b/c i immediately fell in love with the thing. I drove a bright red Si Sedan, and basically talked myself into wanted the darn thing. I also drive an EX with Navi, but meh :)

Later, while looking around online, i found one on cars.com with Not Priced listed in the price column, so i went ahead and called b/c the thing showed 500 miles. The dealer came back with $19,500 and my jaw hit the floor. I ended up trading in my truck and talking the dealer down to $19,200 for basically a new dark silver 2007 Civic Si Sedan with just over 500 miles on it. :D

I'm going to drive this thing until I kill it or it kills me, i love it!

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Nicely done! I'm seeing some used ones on lots these days. I'd be careful about how "used" they are on the listed mileage. But great find--and I bet you could've gotten that for even lower than 19,200!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks and thanks and more thanks! Yeah, im guessing i could have, but i really wanted the car and i'm guessing it wouldn't have sat on the lot for very long. :)

BTW, GeezerSi, that pic of the Si after freezing rain is ... chilling :) I'm a pilot and FEAR freezing rain! :D

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Brand new to the forums as i just got my "new" Civic Si a few weeks ago. Thought u guys might like to hear this:

I was looking to solve my 2003 GMC Sonoma's horrible mileage by switching to a newer, smaller vehicle, and I was actually sort of thinking hybrid, so i did a bunch of research and stuff and decided to test drive a Honda Civic Hybrid. However, my closest dealer didnt have any hybrids in stock, so i said what the heck, ill come drive an Si and a regular Civic.

I never should have driving the Si first, b/c i immediately fell in love with the thing. I drove a bright red Si Sedan, and basically talked myself into wanted the darn thing. I also drive an EX with Navi, but meh :)

Later, while looking around online, i found one on cars.com with Not Priced listed in the price column, so i went ahead and called b/c the thing showed 500 miles. The dealer came back with $19,500 and my jaw hit the floor. I ended up trading in my truck and talking the dealer down to $19,200 for basically a new dark silver 2007 Civic Si Sedan with just over 500 miles on it. :D

I'm going to drive this thing until I kill it or it kills me, i love it!
Is that ASM or GG? I don't think there is a new color available, is there?

Congrats on your new ride, you'll love it. And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again. It's Galaxy Grey, though i still think its gold-ish, but whatever.

... I've now been busy pouring the numerous threads about X's intake ::sigh::

1 - 13 of 13 Posts