8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was looking to get some advice on a short shifter for my car. I first wanted to see if the factory shifter assembly from a 9th gen si would fit in my 8th gen? I compared my shifter to my friend's 9th gen and it was a huuuuge difference in feeling. I've read on a few forums that its possible but I haven't found a clear answer. Another thing I was looking into was getting the Mugen shifter from a Honda dealership, does anyone have experience with the mugen shifter? This is actually my first car but I've been having some issues with my shifter popping out sometimes when shifting into third, and I'm guessing its due to the wear and heavy amount of play when the shifter is in gear. If anyone has any advice please let me know! :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
well you didnt really answer anything. i am assuming you have a Si not a EX model. if its popping out of gear its probaly your 3rd gear synchro in your transmission not the shifter. i mean si transmissions are for lack of better words very soft and damage easy. So start with that first. also no if you want to upgrade your shifter assembly is what your meaning. Then get they hybrid racing short shifter assembly. dont do mugen nothing 9 gen swap its the same crap not better. go hybrid shifter and you will thank me later but your issues sounds like a transmission issue sorry just is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts