8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts
My new '07 Galaxy Gray Si Sedan w/Nav and summers

Hi, all. Here's my story. Get the popcorn now - even this short form is pretty long:

I did the blanket email requests for quotes method, getting a few dealerships to go for $20,200 + destination, tax, tags, etc on an '08 Galaxy Gray Si Sedan w/o Nav and w/o summers.

That was on a Tuesday evening; that night, on a whim, I checked eBay. There, I found a dealership listing a new '07 Galaxy Gray Si Sedan, with Nav and summer tires... but in Boston (I'm working as a contractor in North Carolina). The listing had pretty much just started. I gave them a call the next morning, and laid it out - I was all set to move on one locally, all negotiated, etc, but couldn't in good conscience delay until the end of the auction. The salesperson replied with 19,900 including destination. Next surprise: insurance (though Geico) was $220 less per year on the '07 vs. an '08.

I put a down payment on it via a card Thursday morning. They should have cancelled the auction then, but didn't. By that evening, it had made reserve (and I was told later they had another person call to put a deposit on it that afternoon). It ultimately "sold" for something like $20,600. Someone out there is probably pretty pissed; if that someone is on this board, sorry.

So, I advised the local dealerships I was working with what was going on and why. It was a bit of an adventure to get it:
- I registered it in NY, to my permanent address...
but the dealership doesn't have any association with NY...
so they had a driver ride with me and another follow in a chase car to register it.
- That was fine...
except they neglected to bring the Certificate of Origin, making it impossible for me to register it that day.
- That cost me another day of lost work - as a contractor, I make good money, but I make nothing when not working.

Still, all told, I got effectively the same car, for about $1K less, plus Nav, and cheaper on insurance. They told me that they will get two '08's to replace it, and the '08's are going for MSRP or MSRP - $500. They also will (of course) no longer have carrying costs on my Si. So, they were happy to sell it, even at an apparent loss.

I got my 07 Si Coupe right when it came out....with the HFP lip kit it cost me 24k....i knew it was pretty high but they had none available anywhere at that time and I needed a car to get around. Like others said, WORK YOUR TRADE!

I pushed in my piece of **** 92 grand am into their parking lot (it was literally dead) and demanded 3k for it and they gave it up. I bought that car when it worked for only 2k.

4 months ago, my sis went and bought the new Accord with the same salesman and they really did help out a lot that time! Loyalties work too!

P.S.- Don't be anxious, you should never buy a vehicle without at least walking out of 1 or 2 dealerships. That's when they know you're not a pushover and you'll be receiving calls later, believe me! Shop around first!

09 SI pricing

Accompanied with my niece when she went to buy an 09 SI. Coupe, 3 weeks ago..
No Nav or Summer Tires
One Dealer in Massachusetts advertises "Shop Us Last"
She had bought an 08 EX there 5 months earlier and had totaled it.
We went in with an E-mail from another Local Honda Dealer saying they would sell the car to her for 1.00 over Invoice.

Learned something new. Besides MSRP, and Invoice.. they have "NET" Price, which is their cost AFTER getting all holdbacks, rebates and any other deals from Honda.
MSRP on the SI Coupe was 22,550, including destination. Her Final cost excluding Mass. Sales Tax and State title fees was 20,500. Then they hit you with the 248.00 Documentation fee they charge on every car they sell.. They brought out the Paperwork on the car and it showed that we got the car for $157.00 over "Net Cost" and they claimed the salesmans commission had to come out of the 157.00 Saw that the car had been on their lot for 5 days also.
I really think it was a pretty good deal, considering they were being so arrogant 5 months earlier when she bought the EX and gas prices were over 4.00 a gallon.
At that point, they reluctantly went 500.00 over invoice for the EX..
They also wanted 1900.00 for the Extended Warranty, but ended up taking 950.00 for it..
Considering how many Civics they sell a month, and how few SI's are sold.. I was pretty surprised they were willing to deal at all.
This is also the 3rd car we have bought from them this year.. Not sure if that helped.
There was also a leftover 08 SI Sedan there that they quoted me 19,500 for..

I have to say I felt a whole lot better about this deal than the one for the 08 EX

I work at a dealer, not a honda dealer but one good piece of advice is buy in the last couple days of the month. A couple reasons for that, 1 if there close to a bonus they are more willing to drop, 2 if there losing or getting close to lose in there group they will do alot to stay on top or not lose bad. Its alot of other stuff but you will be more successful towards the end of the month.

civic si 09 w/ hfp lip kit

i went to dealership and got a 2009 civic si sedan with the 2k hfp lip kit for 20k flat...good deal?
some idiot old man went in the day before purchaced the car did not drive off lot came back the next morning said he wanted to trade it in for silver. so it depreciated and i got a 26500 car for 20000.,,,,awsome deal?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.