8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts
Swell deal my brother.

Using the "flood the dealerships with requests for pricing" attack method I found on this site, I have successfully negotiated to buy a Civic LX coupe, listed at 17,395 for an out the door price of 16,115. yee haw!!!!! They wimpered but the accepted.:dancing: I cannot wait to pick it up.

Oh yea, we do not have sales tax in NH. Well not yet. Democrats in the state government have over spent themselves massively however so I am holding onto my wallet.

I ended up leasing, 36mo-15000, 2k out of pocket and a payment of 180/mo. I am happy.

08 si

I got one good quote so far for the color I actually want, a black si for 20,900 although im not sure that includes destination, is that good? Was going to try for 20,500 with destination included although only be able to get that in color I don't want so far and I'm in northern california. Impossible?

LX Sedan Out The door - 17K

Since it seems that this thread is still alive and kicking I figured that I would share my recent experience with the local Honda stealer.

After numerous phone calls and emails I managed to get my local stealer to price match another stealer.
I picked up a 2008 LX Sedan for $500 under invoice and the total out the door price in the sh...y state of MD was $17,000 including new plates.
I then sent the better half a week later to pick up the 120,000 Miles 6 Year extended warranty plan (D62) for $785.

Oh, and when we were in the showroom they tried to convince me to pay $210 for the mud guards and when I told them to remove them since I wasn't going to pay a dime for them. We also were ready to leave at that moment and go to the other dealer and they suddenly forgot about the mud guards and continued with the paperwork as if nothing happened.

Hope this helps some of you out

went ot the dealer last night and got a price of 21500 with nav on a fiji blue si 4dr. what do you guys think on the price possible to go lower? i live in the new englans area i don't know if that matters.

Sale Price... 25 march 2008

Hey I just bought a new 2008 si in from Autopark Honda in Cary NC. the OTD price was 21900. This included the following options:
SI standard car
Summer Tires
*NO* Navigation package... (i'm an Eagle Scout, its just not right!)
2 door
white
about 10 miles on the ODO

My taxes and registration were less than most because I registered the car in the state or OREGON where there is no sales tax or property tax on cars. $168 for 4 years.

I talked to the dealer a lot and they said that the Navi would be about 1500 more than the price I paid. that was just too much for me... im old fashioned I bought a US atlas for $9

Good luck to all the shoppers out there, hope this helps!!

Ok I went to the dealer today and made a mistake right away. I told the guy I wouldn't be taking the car today, I just wanted to look around. So basically he stopped caring and just opened the car for us and left. Then he came back and I asked him about. Pricing and stuff. He said that the price on the car I was looking at was 23400 firmand that no negotiations went on with this car, not even for a cash lump sum. Then I asked if I could test drive it but he said no, that for the si and s2000 you first have to qualify in paperwork and they'll let you test drive it. Basically the guy was BSing because he knew he wasnt going to make a sale with me. I'll remember his face so next time I go I can tell him to piss off if he comes up to help me. The standard rims look great in person. Darker than they do in pictures. The inside is real high quality and its roomy enough.

Damn I just wish I could have test driven it. I think I'll go to another dealer sometime this week this time without telling them that I'm not taking it that day.

i got my black 08 si coupe w/performance tires for 25,000 after taxes and fees and also included 8yr/120000 miles honda care extended warranty. is this a good price or did i get ripped off??? im in hawaii so the sales tax is about 4.72%..

Anyone have any ideas how to work a salesman on a price. i was quoted 21,100 for my 08 SI. i am in iraq and will be back in a couple months, so I am having to do everything through e-mail. Do you think its feasible to get him to 20,000?

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.