8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. I've had my fa5 2007 civic si for about a year now. 3rd gear has occasionally popped out since I had it but I noticed it has been getting worse. It isn't that bad, but want to get it fixed asap (esp now that I got my tax money too lol).
I've read some posts that changing the trans fluid with a syncromesh fluid or amsoil does the trick. Other posts I've seen stated replacing the bushings, synchros, clutch, etc. What worked for you and what should I begin with in tr 9Apps – Download 9Apps Free Fast Install for Android 2020ying to fix this? Thanks for any input. Solitaire

·
Registered
151 Posts
First thing to do is get your clutch pedal set properly. This is great video on how to do it.

For my car 2nd would occasionally grind and I also had 3rd pop out a couple times. Once I changed to AMSOIL Syncromesh I haven't had any problems. If that doesn't fix it then you will be looking at replacing synchros.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I second the syncromesh. I never adjusted the clutch, just the different fluid and it fixed the issue. That was 4 years ago, no problems!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts