8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from a newbie.
Situation: I have owned a 2007 Civic Hybrid for 22 months. Both winters I have placed an air dam infront of the rad to aid in warm-up.
Last fall I began to notice a temp related issue that never showed up during first winter of ownership. Effect of same is about a 10% cost in winter fuel economy compared to last winter.
Symptoms are as follows: when outside temp is below about -3C, after backing out of heated garage and engine becomes cold soaked after about 20 seconds, I get a single green bar of regen even as I drive along a highway with my foot on the gas. When I go to apply brakes, single green bar of regen goes away and no regen of brakes happen. This phenomena will go on until engine has warmed up and ambient temp is above -3C. If colder than -3C, I'll drive around "dragging" the battery with the one green bar of regen instead of a few white bars of battery assist under modes where assist would be proper.
If above -3C, as long as I'm in city driving and the engine is not cold soaked on the highway, I'll eventually get correct regen and/or assist.
If I pre-heat the ETC assembly with a hair dryer prior to leaving the garage, I'll get correct regen/assist for about 40 seconds until said assembly has been cold soaked.
Anybody else have this issue?
Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Take it back to dealership.

If it works for a bit after preheating the circuit, then it makes a lot of sense.
It's possible as the chip gets colder, internal electrical leakage increases, which might corrupt some of the digital signals integrity, causing malfunction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.