8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2007 Civic EX front driver side speaker not working

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RoyBeverly 
#1 ·
Hey , new here, I recently bought this Civic a few months ago to take to college and discovered, pretty early on, that the front drivers side speaker doesnt work at all. I never really had time to mess with it until today. I already looked at other threads of guys finding that the wire is simply disconnected under the dash or that the connection to the speaker itself is bad, this isn't the case here. I looked underneath the dash to find that the pink and green wires (the ones that are supposed to go to the front drivers side speaker) are where they should be. But I also found a whole wire harness not plugged in (picture attached). After some messing around down there I found that there is no possible place for it to plug into. I proceeded to take the door panel off only to find that the connection to the speaker seems fine (no loose or exposed wires etc.).

The only other thing I can think of doing is taking the navigation system out and seeing if there are any loose wires there, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any idea what this wire harness goes to or have any ideas of how to troubleshoot this problem?

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.