8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Looking to upgrade my steering wheel on my 2010 civic lx Sedan - the rubber on my is completely cracked and breaking off.

Either way, i found a steering wheel on ebay from a 2007 CSX which says its compatible to my car.

Could i remove my current airbag and put it on this steering wheel, and would the steering wheel be compatible?

·
Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
From what I understand, the wheel is the same, only with an Acura emblem on the airbag. Regarding the airbag, the connector MIGHT be a hair different (clip), but it should work and you should be able to get it to clip on (airbag). I can't remember where I saw that.

You should be fine.

Report back with pics if you can. Good Luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for reply.

I ordered just the steering wheel without the Acura airbag. I plan on swapping my current airbag on this wheel. The wheel looks exactly the same as the OEM one so I am thinking it will work.

Currently waiting for it to arrive, will post pictures once its complete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DIY - Done

Weekends have been a little crazy, wasnt able to install right away.

Removing steering wheel was incredibly easy after reading up a post on the forum. Went to advanced auto parts and purchased the steering wheel puller for like $12.00, and purchased a black honda badge since mine looked horrible.

Pictures are not the best, but here is a before and after

I didnt remove the paddle shifters from the steering wheel in order not to leave an empty whole. It looked really ulgy without them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts