8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing many rumors about Honda holding back on the navis and you will have to wait months if you want one ect.. I just wanted to get everything clear, Is this true? I may be purchasing a new 2006 honda civic si with navi next month if everything goes ok money wise and if the navi isnt an option how long do I have to wait till it is? Also if i were to add my own aftermarket navi can i still install it into the dash? Thank you
-Amir

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
yeah you can install an aftermarket one into the dash. A few dealers have offered ones from eclipse to be put in.

As far as nav rumors- corporate managers from honda that spoke with me acted like there would mabye be a 2 month layover where there wouldn't be any SI civics with nav produced. They ran into part production problems, and it held back a lot of orders. Some orders were bounced back and some cars were brought to dealers without nav. So people basically had the option to take it or leave it. No real date is set on when you can get an SI with nav - it'll all depend on production again.

here is a thread about it a little while back.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1943

·
Registered
54 Posts
Funny you mention it.............I ordered my Teffeta White Navi the last week in Nov.......and they origenally told me mid Feb, which was cool. Now they tell me April. Which should bother me but it gives me time to sell my car and get a good down payment for them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hondaid said:
Funny you mention it.............I ordered my Teffeta White Navi the last week in Nov.......and they origenally told me mid Feb, which was cool. Now they tell me April. Which should bother me but it gives me time to sell my car and get a good down payment for them.
And hey if Honda keeps screwing up on it you might be able to pay for it in full by the time it gets here.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Hondaid said:
Same thing with me, in detail. Late April is what I'm being told now. I figure I'll be able to pay cash by the time I get the freakin car. u_u;

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same here, I was told July for my Black Si w/ NAVI take as long as they want. I have to sell my Acura Cl 3.0 98(if anyone is interested PM me). I put 4k on it so far and I can go all day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts