8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago we provided a summary of some of the things we had heard to that point with respect to the '06 Civic. Recently we've heard a few more things regarding the Si model in particular and we thought we'd once again summarize what we've heard:

1. The Si will definitely be a coupe
2. The body is said to be low and wide and quite sporty in appearance, borrowing some styling cues from several current Honda and Acura models, particularly the flared wheel wells with circular arches. The A-pillar has a dramatic sweep, very similar to the rake shown in the spyshots of the European Civic that were published earlier.
3. The projector headlight housings are said to be shaped like the TSX's
4. Track-tuned suspension sits as much as 1" lower than stock, wheel well gaps are said to be minimal.
5. The Si will use 17" wheels with 205 or 215mm width tires.
6. The transmission will be a standard 6MT
7. The engine is said to be i-VTEC, with at least 200hp. Supposedly the possibility exists that it will get 210 hp or more
8. The seats will be quite sporty with fairly aggressive bolstering
9. A Navi system is rumored to be an option
10. Si will launch slightly later than regular coupe and sedan models, late in Q4 of 2005.

With these developments, there are whispers floating about that the RSX's days could be numbered.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be a big fan of Navi myself. I hate driving to new cities and getting lost non stop. I think my next car will have navi in it, or I'll add it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
im wondering.. will the Si have gauges similar to the 05 regular civics? Becuase the current Si gauges look like a$$. But i do like the seats on the current Si :)

Will it get 210 hp?

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
I hope the horsepower will be 210 also, but all the info I have read from various sites/paper/magazines/auto show etc..have said the Si will have 200 hp. :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think 210hp would be nice, but would kill the market for the rsx. Maybe they have a new rsx in the works? With navi and whatever else, (leather) they would up the pricing to like 21-23k fully loaded, I was hoping it would be 17-19k :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
saiaba said:
I think 210hp would be nice, but would kill the market for the rsx. Maybe they have a new rsx in the works? With navi and whatever else, (leather) they would up the pricing to like 21-23k fully loaded, I was hoping it would be 17-19k :(
17-19K will be BASE. It will probably have trim levels, like the regular civic does.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
23,670 is the msrp for the RSX-S with leather now. The 05 model sticker is that price.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's like 19,500 on the low end and like 21,900 on the high end.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I take back my comment - the 05 SI currently is
MSRP:
$19,320 - $19,570

the only difference is side airbags. The new SI will probably be the same type of thing. The SI is a special model, and might not have many add-ons available. We'll see I guess.

So it probably will be very close to 20k if the current is 19,570. There are obvious expense additions with the new engine etc. I'd expect to pay 20k.

·
Registered
287 Posts
webby said:
23,670 is the msrp for the RSX-S with leather now. The 05 model sticker is that price.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's like 19,500 on the low end and like 21,900 on the high end.
Gee thats kinda cheap for leather & navigation...

·
Registered
420 Posts
i would love to see the 05 rsx tranny and 210hp motor in the new si. the rsx now has perfect gear ratios. as for nav and other amentities i dont really need. plus i try to keep the weight down

1 - 17 of 17 Posts