8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my dealer to inform of an issue i have with getting into 3rd gear in particular and the other gears in general. They took the car for Two test drives and gave it some grease and charged me $90.09
No difference! I then found this fourm and got info that it is a known TSB or technical service bulliten for this issue. I called another dealer with my new education and i am now receiving a new clutch and the complete repair for the 3rd gear problem all on Honda canada's dime. I have honda plus warranty otherwise i'd be out of luck on the clutch as i have over 60K on it.
Anyway, the second dealer is way smarter, this job is worth thousands.
knowledge is power.

Steve from PE
Canada

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
lucky you, getting a free clutch out of it! i don't care what anyone says, i'm a fan of the si's clutch. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I need to get mine fixed for sure....is there a list of dealerships that are fixing the problems or do you just hope that your local one will fix it??

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I need to get mine fixed for sure....is there a list of dealerships that are fixing the problems or do you just hope that your local one will fix it??
i would just check your local dealership. if they refuse to do it no questions asked, regardless of your warranty status, inform them of their future loss of business from you & your friends/family and leave. the 3rd gear issue is a big mess-up on honda's behalf, and the way i look at it, every si owner should be entitled to a FREE fix. you were sold a mechanically unsound car!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts