8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright...

I've got a 2006 LX Sedan, automatic. I'm willing to drop $2000... MAYBE $3000. Can someone reccomend me some mods and bolt-ons I can pick up that will give me some more power under the 4k RPM range? I'm really sick of having a slow car, but it gets such great milage. I want to make it a bit faster, so I don't have to end up spending $15k more to get a new car like a Subaru STi which I am drooling over at the moment.

Stuff like exhaust, intake, etc. But models, part #'s, etc. What have you got for me? I'm not all that experienced with vehicle modifications, other than sound system, lol.

(Also, please note I am in California, I need to be able to pass smog at some point. Also note that I don't need my car to sound extremely loud. I'm not trying to attract attention or look like a ricer. I just want some more power so I can feel more comfortable with my car.)

Thanks! Any input is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Or that too i had a Tc yeilded poor HP so i traded it in it hard to make something gutless have alot of power.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
why do people get ex's and lx's and complain about the power..
you bought it for the mpg. stop bitching and get an si, or nitrous. other than that theres nothing you can do.

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
iomatic said:
Private sale 16K + 3K = 19K, nearly the price of a new '07 Si?
That's the most cost effective way to get additional power. And it's not just the additional power. You also get nicer seats, VSA, LSD, thicker sway bars, a moonroof, six-speaker stereo with an additional subwoofer, hotter girls, discs at all four wheels, Si styling, a sweet 6-speed gearbox, more aftermarket support....the list goes on!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gr3y Goose said:
why do people get ex's and lx's and complain about the power..
you bought it for the mpg. stop bitching and get an si, or nitrous. other than that theres nothing you can do.
Actually, I didn't pay for it. It was a gift. I would just like to improve it a bit, because frankly I would feel bad for selling a wonderful gift that my mother gave me.

My dealership said they'd give me between 14-15k for it, so I was thinking of just trading it in. I'm not sure, though.

However... the Si requires premium gas and gets much worse gas milage.
If I wanted a gas-guzzling, premium-using fast vehicle, I could just blow all my money and get the Subaru WRX STi. Hell, 300HP AWD beats 200HP FWD any day.

Anyways, back on topic... is there any way to get a little more low-end power out of this thing? :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well Iam also stuck here with my EX utill later that get somethin faster may be in a year or two, Since now i've a Injen CIA (arround 250dls)Which add a great sound and some quiker response.

And I have a Nitrous zex wet kit (arround 500dls )sitting on my floor. planning to use a 55 shot. but still guessing where goes where for the instal. you can also use a nst pulley kit(270dls), and wapon r header(300), and keep the stock exaust for the rice noise, (still figuring out if this is possible). you can also add the hfp (500dls)suspension. and some nice 17" light weight wheels. aslo the short shifter and cf(500dls) hood and mmmm I think thats all you can di tu a R18 for speed. Or get the AJP turbo kit but I've only know albut one or two guys that has it.

If you install it your self would be cheap.

Hopefully ill stay with the cai and nitrous,although the pulley kit and the weapon r header sound good but i dont know if later on I'll be able to beat this Civic modding desease that i've got

Ill say R18 + Nitrous = great gas mileage and boost wheneve you want

good gas mileage and fast car priceless

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
is it just me or when us r18ers say we wanna do something to our cars and ask for advice... all we get are just get an si.

that was already a choice when we bought are cars. and most people think its just that easy to switch over. for some of our cars... they were a gift. and for others the si was too expensive at the time. also keep in mind the insurance costs. (that was my reason)

so what im trying to say is that there are multiple reasons why we (the r18ers) didnt or still cant get an si. and when we ask a question about modding our cars... cant we just get a straight up answer rather then ALWAYS hearing.. get an si?

rant sorry ive been seeing this a lot and its kinda annoying

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have the same problem

I have the money and can afford the insurance but my wife does not drive standard and we have no need for 2 cars .

I have a 07 coupe EX AT yes AT I would also like to have some additional power so i know there are a fedw peeps that have done a few mods and got some jus out of it .

Um Maybe we should start a new thread for ppl that are in the same situation there are a quite a few of us with NON SI and AT tranny .

Someone please help .:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
i actually got a ex 5speed. my parents said i should get the lx and i... being 19.. wanted the si. they are paying for my insurance so that was a no go. so we reached an agreement for the ex.

and yea i want to put in an exhaust and cai and stuff. of course i would take an si over the ex but like if i or anyone else ask anything about making the r18 faster... we mostly hear... they are slow as shat and just get an si. and im just complaining about that.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Get intake
Megan racing makes a down pipe, get a high flow cat or test pipe and exhaust and the pulleys that would make a large difference over stock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
slostjoe said:
Get intake
Megan racing makes a down pipe, get a high flow cat or test pipe and exhaust and the pulleys that would make a large difference over stock.
:yeahthat: oh by the way will the megan racing dp void the warranty?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
EXcoupe06123 said:
Well Iam also stuck here with my EX utill later that get somethin faster may be in a year or two, Since now i've a Injen CIA (arround 250dls)Which add a great sound and some quiker response.

And I have a Nitrous zex wet kit (arround 500dls )sitting on my floor. planning to use a 55 shot. but still guessing where goes where for the instal. you can also use a nst pulley kit(270dls), and wapon r header(300), and keep the stock exaust for the rice noise, (still figuring out if this is possible). you can also add the hfp (500dls)suspension. and some nice 17" light weight wheels. aslo the short shifter and cf(500dls) hood and mmmm I think thats all you can di tu a R18 for speed. Or get the AJP turbo kit but I've only know albut one or two guys that has it.

If you install it your self would be cheap.

Hopefully ill stay with the cai and nitrous,although the pulley kit and the weapon r header sound good but i dont know if later on I'll be able to beat this Civic modding desease that i've got

Ill say R18 + Nitrous = great gas mileage and boost wheneve you want

good gas mileage and fast car priceless

good grammar ftw!
anyway
these mods except nitrous really wont make any difference, like 15 whp at best for over 1000$.....save your money, your just going to make noise going nowhere fast...not to bash you guys but before you spend all this money on noise (again except for n2o) consider your other options...:vtec:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts