8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! New to the forum and just picked up a 2006 Civic for running around town to keep miles off my primary vehicle.

My question is does anyone have any experience with installing a bluetooth/AUX/USB device.

I'll attach a link in the comments. I don't want to replace the entire head unit, just would like bluetooth/handsfree while I'm in the car, and to be able to connect my music from my phone.

Thanks,

Nathan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I looked at something similar to the OP, but ultimately I went with one of the pop in 12v cigarette lighter devices. Was only $16, but the sound quality isn't the best. Now getting the annoying alternator whine through the device. I guess I wasn't interested in pulling the head unit from my '06, but now I'm thinking this would have been the better route. Keep us posted Nathan if you decide to buy yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I the USA-Spec interface, which hooks up to the optional XM connector on the back of the OEM radio. I have had three of them so far (old Bluetooth, wired iPod interface, and updated A2DP Bluetooth). It goes behind the radio, so is seamless and clutter-free, and enables use of the steering wheel controls. It will also scroll media info on the one-line LCD display on the radio.

They can usually be found for $130-140 on eBay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts