8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just put my down payment down on an 06 black civic sedan EX auto... wooo!!! i negotiated a price of $23,455 (canadian price with pdi/freight etc) additional accessories im getting is the protection package with all weather mats/trunk tray/mud flaps, undercoating, and wheel locks for an additional $425. wondering what price you all paid. did i get a decent deal? or did i get burned and paid too much?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually im not sure what color the interior is. the two sedan's i saw on site had the greyish interior so i just assumed they were all the same color.. im hoping its black on black tho. anyone happen to know? i was told the car will take 4-6 weeks to get here so wont know anytime soon.

·
Registered
518 Posts
wow how long will it take to be able to get a good deal on the new civic?
when i bought my 04 accord coupe ex wit nav
the msrp was like 28,890
and i paid 25,450 including tax title all that ish...

think it will take about the same amount of time? 1 yr after new model is out?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Good choice...I love mine.
Pretty sure I paid right at asking price! It's hard to tell the way the numbers are massaged to make the payment right! :wavey: :driving:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
woah, you got a sweeet deal.. i didnt know it was possible to get a dealer to knock off that much on a honda..congrats! i heard of other makes (mainly domestic) that you can knock off thousands but was told that with import cars, negotiation is quite minimal. cant wait to get my car.. will post pics whenever i can. i was a day away from buying a nissan xtrail a few weeks ago... im glad i held back. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Please don't take this as bragging. I just got $960 (US) off an EX. The deal process took two weeks from first contact with first dealer until signing. Contacted a total of 6 different dealers. Three of them were unwilling to quote below sticker and two of them offered a "courtesy discount of $300." (How darn courteous of them) Then only hours after signing the purchase offer one of the $300 courtesy dealers called back and offered $930 off. So it is possible, keep on negotiating.....

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Please don't take this as bragging. I just got $960 (US) off an EX. The deal process took two weeks from first contact with first dealer until signing. Contacted a total of 6 different dealers. Three of them were unwilling to quote below sticker and two of them offered a "courtesy discount of $300." (How darn courteous of them) Then only hours after signing the purchase offer one of the $300 courtesy dealers called back and offered $930 off. So it is possible, keep on negotiating.....

I wouldn't take it as bragging :) Thanks for the tip, and congrats on your new Ex! :thumb:

Welcome to the site MyfirstCivic! :wavey:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks, now I just can't wait for it to get here. (Probably Tuesday)
Welcome to 8th civic.
Geez, sounds like you got hooked. Those scumbag dealers will tell you anything to get you to buy from their dealership. Did you put down some $ on an EX sedan MT or automatic? You might not get the car on the date they told you, so don't get your hopes up, but maybe you will. Post some pics of it when you do get it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
06civicex said:
Welcome to 8th civic.
Geez, sounds like you got hooked. Those scumbag dealers will tell you anything to get you to buy from their dealership. Did you put down some $ on an EX sedan MT or automatic? You might not get the car on the date they told you, so don't get your hopes up, but maybe you will. Post some pics of it when you do get it.

I'm am going along on the dealer trade tommorrow afternoon!!! They found my car at a dealer about 175 miles away. I told them that I wanted to drive it back. They agreed but asked why. I told them that new engines need to be driven gently durring the break-in period and that I didn't want someone ramming down the expressway at 80+mph. Also it is a manual transmission. In my experience I have found that out of everyone that claims to be able to drive stick only about half of them actually can.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I am lookig to buy an 06 Sedan EX W/Vaniagtion and Fog Lights. I'm ready to pay 20,000 OTD taxes and all. Anyone have any thoughts on how feasable this is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That price sounds just a tad low for the Navi and fog lamps, but you never know. I'd give the salesperson that price and see what they say. If they don't agree, tell them to think about it and call you in the morning. Guaranteed they'll at least call you with a decent counter-offer!

Jeff

1 - 20 of 64 Posts