8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom called and asked if i could change her brakes. Which 9 times out of 10 means she wore the brakes down metal to metal, so i went ahead and orders new rotors and pads. Finished that and noticed the brake master was empty. Added fluid and saw she wore the rear shoes down metal to metal which pushed the wheel cylinder out causing it to leak. Ordered all new shoes, drums, hardware and wheel cylinder. Bleed the brakes to get the air out. Once done pedal was stiff. Started the car and pedal went right to the floor. Took it out on the road to see what it felt like. Feels like there is air in the system still and almost like the front passenger side and rear drivers side are getting most of the brake power. kinda makes the car feel like it is drifting. Bleed the brakes again, same issue. Started to think maybe with running the fluid dry for who knows how long the ABS module burnt up. Has anyone ran into this before or have any recommendations on what could be going on?

· Registered
120 Posts
If the back brakes are drums, did you wind the adjuster out until you could just get the drum on?
If you didn't, your pedal will go to the floor due to excessive throw.

· Registered
120 Posts
Did you get a chance to review the answers and try this? I'm curious - I had this same problem, and dialing out the adjuster on the drum brakes solved it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts