8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Honda OEM accent light kit can be wired a different way so that you can have both fogs lights and accents? Apparently both are not able to be installed together on LX and EX.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm sure all you'd have to do is find the switched live for the low beams and tap into that..or use a fuse tap on the low beam fuse, either way it shouldn't be too hard. I think they both use the spare on the fuse block that is what all the fuss is about!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think (don't quote me on this) that the reason you can't have both is because the switches mount in the same location. (There is only one empty switch location on the EX and LX because the power mirror switch occupies the other). If you put the switch in another location I think both could be installed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
^^^ Yes this is true but only for the coupe the fog light switch for the sedan is on the stalk where the headlight switch is, the coup is located on the dash....check out the CollegeHillsHonda.com PDF installation instructions for the install on both models. This should clear up this point...I hope.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can have both, with some limitations. I installed the ambient light led kit this weekend, and I already had the fog lights installed. The only reason you can’t have both is there isn’t a place for both switches on the dash. The led kit piggybacks on the fog light wiring (plug and play). I just left the led switch in a convenient place behind the dash until I figure out a proper location for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fog light kit. Sedan vs. Coupe

From what I can see from the threads, it looks like the only real difference between the sedan fog light kit and the coupe's is the switch. I think I've missed something here. Why would Honda have two separate kits...seems like the sedan kit would be sufficient for both and would keep the other switch position open for another accesory. Comments?
:pat:

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
The sedan and coupe bumpers are different, so the mounting brackets are different. I'm not sure why they don't both use the stalk though. It would be so much simpler. I don't know if it's really worth the extra $60+, but you can order the parts listed above and it will work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts