8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i went to the mitsubishi dealer just to kill some time, honda dealer was a little to far and i only had about an hour or so... Anyways i checked out the new 2006 Eclipse Gs 5 spd looks pretty good and about the same price of the SI one thing that i was disapointed in was that it did not have an optional Navi and if i were to add one there isnt realy a place to put it... Unfortuanly i did not get to drive one so i cant tell you how it drove, well i gusss what im asking is how does the 06SI and the 06Eclipse stack up against each other..

Si- car and driver car of the year
Eclipse- motor trend car of the year

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I take it you're comparing the 4 cyl eclipse to the 4 cyl Si?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/11/22/honda_civic_motortrend/

honda got motor trend car of the year. I can't find any awards about the eclipse off hand, so you'll have to point me in the right direction. As far as mitsu is concerned, I personally wouldn't buy one. I've seen a lot of people fight with them over warranty related issues where the dealership refused to repair the car. What good is a warranty when they won't actually repair the vehicle?

insert tommy boy quote "Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."

It's only as good as the person backing the car.
Mitsu recently had a court case taken all the way to the supreme court about this.
"In June, several Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution owners began posting notices on Evo-enthusiast Web sites saying their warranties had been canceled because they'd participated in timed racing events or installed aftermarket goodies in their cars. Owners complain that Mitsubishi used the Internet to dig up the names of these offenders. Owners found out about this when they visited dealers for repairs and were told that their warranties had been restricted because of the two activities."
Personally I'd be a little upset if I walked into a dealership to find out they had cancelled my warranty due to posts on a car forum. Take it for what you want though. I'm sure others on here have their own opinions on the car.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
If you can get a Honda Civic Si, that is..lol Especially that you live in South Florida, Good luck, and Honda is much more safer, and better.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
why buy mitsu...the company is going to hell and ur car will be worth nothing

buy the SI if you can! much better in every aspect

·
Registered
342 Posts
The problem with Mitsu is that they spent too many years as a parts supplier to Chrysler. Then while Chrysler was still sleeping with Mitsu it married Daimler. So Mitsu got kicked to the curb.

·
Registered
54 Posts
FYI kids............Mitsu and Mazda lost their US support comanies (like how the eclipse was a Talon or Laser) and that was before they went ot ****......now the 2 of them are on the verge of going out of bussiness.........The thing that's really funny, is Mitsu with the Eclipse and EVO, Mazda with the 3, MX5 and RX*, and Subaru with the STI are gettina their asses handed to them by Hyundai in sales. Both in Units and in $$$, and this is a company with out a real performance car.
Hell the only 3 companies making any money are Honda, Toyota and Nissan. So pretty much that's the long drawn out way of saying get the Si. **** Mitsu

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Hondaid said:
FYI kids............Mitsu and Mazda lost their US support comanies (like how the eclipse was a Talon or Laser) and that was before they went ot ****......now the 2 of them are on the verge of going out of bussiness.........The thing that's really funny, is Mitsu with the Eclipse and EVO, Mazda with the 3, MX5 and RX*, and Subaru with the STI are gettina their asses handed to them by Hyundai in sales. Both in Units and in $$$, and this is a company with out a real performance car.
Hell the only 3 companies making any money are Honda, Toyota and Nissan. So pretty much that's the long drawn out way of saying get the Si. **** Mitsu
I agree. Nice post.
Get the Si.

DanH said:
everything i've every bought from Mitsubishi has broken down. Avoid them like the plague.
Dan knows.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I had a 97 GST, and i loved it at first...then everything started to go on it. Finally i just axed it due to the cost of repair and trying to deal with the dealer about coming through with the warrenty. SI all the way. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
172 Posts
im with KURT "Kia Spectra" haha..

never driven any mitsu but look at resale price.. you can buy a 2000-2004 eclipse (rough guess on years i don't feel like lookin up) for under 10k , civic Si's from 99-00 still over 10K in some cases. Now thats a good resale.

Si's are hotter.

the 06 Si is my 2nd car ive owned next to my junker (but very dependable) 95 DX auto. i

Ive got 4300 miles on my Si since jan 4th.. So glad nice weather is comin up cuz i wanna keep the miles down on the car so the bike will be drivin the bike most this year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ready for a good laugh..........my friend picked up a 99 Eclipse RS with about 60k on it for $9100............so now the car has 62500 on and she's looking at the Scion tC. The dealer tells her they'll giver her $3500 for it. I looked in a Galves book at the retail value on it it $4500

Meanwhile. My dads friend who has a 99 SI with double the miles could problly get around 7,8 problly even 9 or 10k for his immaculate EM1.

The other kicker is when she gets her tC (Non-S/C), she wants to run me stock for Stock.
So as far as that goes This will be me :driving: and this will be her :banana-wa
I'll give her this though......she can drive.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i don't know much about the SCIONS like how fast and ect..

But can you really compare any of em to the Si? are the scions a good runner up? If so they are much cheaper and that would be a good deal..

But i don't like Scions at all// cept the box- like the yellow bus one on here, his is cool.

Shawn

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Aimer said:
Well today i went to the mitsubishi dealer just to kill some time, honda dealer was a little to far and i only had about an hour or so... Anyways i checked out the new 2006 Eclipse Gs 5 spd looks pretty good and about the same price of the SI one thing that i was disapointed in was that it did not have an optional Navi and if i were to add one there isnt realy a place to put it... Unfortuanly i did not get to drive one so i cant tell you how it drove, well i gusss what im asking is how does the 06SI and the 06Eclipse stack up against each other..

Si- car and driver car of the year
Eclipse- motor trend car of the year
If you haven't driven it, you need to. It's complete crap compared to even the non-Si. The GT V6 version is crap compared to the Si too. It doesn't transfer power as well, it's about as heavy as a 300C and it has a ridiculous turning radius. Not to mention it can't handle the road for crap and the blue gauges gets annoying. They look great until you're driving around at night for awhile and your eyes start to bother you.

By the way, the Civic is Car and Driver car of the year, Motortrend Car of the Year and North American International Auto Show Car of the Year.

Eclipse? Nada...not to mention the aftermarket hasn't taken to it all that well either, considering it's been out almost 10 months prior to the Civic and the Civic has been around 3 months and has already made a splash.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
shawnhpi said:
i don't know much about the SCIONS like how fast and ect..

But can you really compare any of em to the Si? are the scions a good runner up? If so they are much cheaper and that would be a good deal..

But i don't like Scions at all// cept the box- like the yellow bus one on here, his is cool.

Shawn
The tC with the Supercharger is a good contender. But to get it anywhere near the Si, it'll cost you $3K more than the Si's MSRP. At that price, it's no longer a good deal. That's WRX Limited, GLI, GTI, RSX-S territory.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Hondaid said:
Ready for a good laugh..........my friend picked up a 99 Eclipse RS with about 60k on it for $9100............so now the car has 62500 on and she's looking at the Scion tC. The dealer tells her they'll giver her $3500 for it. I looked in a Galves book at the retail value on it it $4500

Meanwhile. My dads friend who has a 99 SI with double the miles could problly get around 7,8 problly even 9 or 10k for his immaculate EM1.

The other kicker is when she gets her tC (Non-S/C), she wants to run me stock for Stock.
So as far as that goes This will be me :driving: and this will be her :banana-wa
I'll give her this though......she can drive.
You should marry her and then convert her to a Honda-nite... ;) Girls who are into cars are hot....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts