8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this thread on 7thgencivic.com as well, but this may be a more appropriate venue....

Sounds like there are quite a few people getting a chance to test drive the 06's civics and gets some hands on time with them. Thought it would be good to gather all of the driving experiences and thoughts on the car after you have actually experienced it. Post your comments on driving dynamics, interior, refinement, what you liked and what you didn't like after spending some seat time with the vehicle. Write up a mini review.

Hopefully this thread isn't stepping on anyones toes, I didn't see another thread quite like this yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did a test drive!

I drove an 06 Civic EX Sedan... let me tell you ALL that it is VERY nice! I have an order in for one and I love it MORE than my Accord! :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I test drove the 5 spd LX and the Auto EX with Navi. I love the overall look. The interior is a lot roomier. The EX stops on a dime, with the 4 wheel discs brakes. The 140 horses feels nice and the shifter is nice. No need for a Short Shifter anymore. The car sounds a lil more aggressive. I didnt really get to test handleing but it felt good from what I noticed.

I give it 2 thumbs up!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I test drove the sedan auto. I wanted to test drive a manual coupe but they didn't have any coupes. Even a sedan auto with navi and xm radio which is 2700lbs+ had the oomph that I was wanted. The guy said I can floor it and I did. The car even had ac on full blast and it had the accelaration I was looking for. I think the coupe manual will more than please me. He said he will call me back when he gets the coupes in and that is what I really want.

·
Registered
73 Posts
how about backseat room ?? Trunk capacity ??

How was the radio in the EX .... how was the LX radio ?

GottaGettaCivic .... can you compare it to your accord (pros/cons) similarites and differences

:) ty

·
Registered
61 Posts
The back seat is big in the 4 door. My dad is 6 foot tall and he was sitting in the back during the test drive. He said he was very comfortable. We didn't open the trunk it was locked from outside and inside too. We didn't turn on the radio.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The trunk is very spacious. The audio in the sedans are ok, 6 speakers just like the current ex's. The 06 EX coupe's and SI's are gonna come with a factory Sub, so a total of 7 speakers and that should sound better.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Compaq888 said:
The back seat is big in the 4 door. My dad is 6 foot tall and he was sitting in the back during the test drive. He said he was very comfortable. We didn't open the trunk it was locked from outside and inside too. We didn't turn on the radio.
How tall are you? I'm 6 feet tall as well, and when I drove it, I had to move the seat back a little. After the test drive, I jumped in the back seat to see how roomy it was, and I was a bit disappointed. It's not like I was cramped, but I could have used an extra inch or two.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People on 7thgencivic.com have been saying the shift throws are unusually long. Do you agree with this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
How tall are you? I'm 6 feet tall as well, and when I drove it, I had to move the seat back a little. After the test drive, I jumped in the back seat to see how roomy it was, and I was a bit disappointed. It's not like I was cramped, but I could have used an extra inch or two.
I'm 5'7 so I had no problem with the seating. My dad came with me on the test drive and he sat in the back he said he was very comfortable. The sales guy sat in the front. The ride was very comfortable for me.

My dad who is 6 feet tall never sat in the front.

·
Registered
73 Posts
CameronJr9 said:

damn. I was hoping for room. But the actual dimensions are smaller. I posted on TOV a question I was really interested in knowning the answer to.

How do they measure the dimensions of the interior of the car. For instance. The rear leg room. is it with the seats scooted up all the way, or back all the way, or middle. and what part do they actually measure ??????

Does anyone know ??

·
Registered
73 Posts
jp375 said:
People on 7thgencivic.com have been saying the shift throws are unusually long. Do you agree with this?

I wish they'd post things they say on 7th gen over here also.

Can you paste the link, or copy the post so we all can read their opinions of the 06 civic ??? PA-LEEEEZE :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
7th Gen civic definitely roomier inside. This civic sucks ass. Anyone who drives it.. make sure you look at the front door panels.. esp. where the front speakers are mounted.. look at that cheesy speaker grill... yuck! The car did handle awesome though, turned on a dime. I burned out at a red light with the car having 5 miles on it bouncing off the rev limiter hehe

·
Registered
241 Posts
yea the rear room sucks (in a7thgen) so i wasnt hoping for much in the 8th im 511 and driving in my sedan sucks for rear passangers cause i like to stretch out and not sit so close but if i have to closer i will

·
Registered
61 Posts
MangoEX said:
7th Gen civic definitely roomier inside. This civic sucks ass. Anyone who drives it.. make sure you look at the front door panels.. esp. where the front speakers are mounted.. look at that cheesy speaker grill... yuck! The car did handle awesome though, turned on a dime. I burned out at a red light with the car having 5 miles on it bouncing off the rev limiter hehe

This is why it's good to wait a year or 2 till they fix all the bugs and make the small changes everyone wants. I'm going to wait, I think it's stupid to buy a car when it just comes out, too many problems.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok, well here's a question for you.

Speaking of the 7th gen

first year it came out .... you say cars are filled with bugs (not literally), and then the second year they tweak them. This comment I generally agree with. Here is my question ... I dont have a 7th gen, so I have no clue, but hopefully those who do can post.

What changes (small or big) did they make the second year? or any other year on down the line.

I would like some ideas of what might change for the 2007 :)

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Well, this isn't just a new Civic, this is a COMPLETELY new Civic. You can see all the similarities from about 1992-2005. The body was nearly the same, the dash, etc. Now, they have completely redesigned the whole car, so there are many things different that might break or fall apart. I have three friends who got brand new cars their first year (two Fords...Focus and Mustang...and one VW GTI), and there were several problems/recalls on body, interior, etc. I'm sure Honda has tested and retested this car much better than Ford ever will, but at the same time, this is the first year this car has been released, so knobs might be falling off (Mustang) or window supports might be made of plastic and break (GTI). Who knows? Time will tell, I suppose.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts