8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Large Dealership. We're part of the Autonation Automotive group. I'm not an active Ebayer thus the 0 feedback. The car wont be sold through ebay. We're using Ebay to generate traffic. The blue one may already be sold pending a trade appraisal.

The "winner" (Whomever leaves a pre-payment, gets approved financing, or pays cash) will actually have to come to the dealership to complete docs. and arrange transport. We expect the vehicle to sell locally, unless others are just gouging people left and right and people have to come far to get a Civic Si.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I just got here. Is he the Admin? I usually stick to My S2000 forums, but since I'm getting my Si in the next week, I thought I'd share.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not the only one working here, so everyone can sell that car. But Since I'm about to own one I put myself as the contact. I PM'd Webby already. So we'll see how much heat I'm gonna get for this one.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
no parts are to be sold on the site. I'll allow the car links, but I hold no responsibility for the ebay auction. I don't know you from anyone, so I will not take any heat for a scam auction or whatever. Anyone interested in these cars must do their own research or whatever. Good luck

·
Registered
805 Posts
rioyellows2k said:
We expect the vehicle to sell locally, unless others are just gouging people left and right and people have to come far to get a Civic Si.

Yesterday I was going to post this.

I dont know what you are going to offer these cars without the option to just buy it at once without bidding. I just feel if you are going to make the comment about gouging that you look and think about this really hard and come up with a reason how putting it up for auction wouldnt be gouging? From my point of view what you are doing is exactly gouging. You start the bidding at msrp and anything over that I feel is gouging. You would already make money at msrp. People would just go along thinking that they are not getting gouged because they are ebay 'bidding'. That would be a lame reason to pay over msrp. Or maybe you are gouging in your area and no one wants to buy. I am a bit surprised that you have to resort to selling on ebay and then talking about gouging as if you were not going to engage in it, just not in a direct manner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I understand how you feel. I'm actually not auctioning the car. The limitations of my account don't allow me to host "Buy it now" or sell at a fixed price. If you read the description carefully all I'm asking for is the deposit. First $500 takes it. I work for a Very Large dealership, which is owned by a Auto Comnglomerate. If you had read previous posts you would have noticed all I wanted to do was increase traffic. Thus the Blue car has already been sold - At MSRP, not a penny more - Just Like I said. Please keep that in mind before you pre-judge my intentions in further posts.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm not pre-judging. Well if it for traffic, why not create an internet page. Since you are working for a very large dealership, Im sure you have a webpage. Just talk to the admins and have them make a page for you about the Si's. Then you could spread the word around the boards letting people know, instead of ebay, where your rep is your life.

It just seemed shady being on ebay....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Under Normal Circumstances I wholeheartedly agree, and I share the same feelings about "ebay cars." But As far as generating traffic - you can't beat ebay's reach. Forums are nice, but not everyone is on a forum, and with at least a dozen large Honda realted enthusiast sites it's too much work. I've got a link at TOV also. Bankston Honda is limited to the DFW area, so I'm not going to grab anyone outside of DFW. I sold the Blue Si to a girl in Louisiana of all places. The Dealership's size and reputation should be enough to overcome Ebay related shadiness.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thats true, the dealership is something that should be able to overcome the ebay effect when you have no rep. Well good luck with the sale of the black si, if I hadnt of found one at msrp maybe I would have bit, and I live out in VA...

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I assume DFW is Dallas-Fort Worth. I looked the population up for the metro area and it's over 5 million people. You should have no problem selling your Si's at home. IMO, the cars practically sell themselves. Why do you need to go to Ebay?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Again, DFW is still limited. Bankston is one of 16 Dealerships in the Metro, there are 18 Dealerships within 150 miles in any direction. You're competing in your own back yard for attention. It makes sense to put the cars to a greater audience, someone who wants that car WILL find it. That's why I've sold one Fiji Blue Si to a buyer in LA, and one in NJ. The black one is up for grabs. I'm about to post a White Navi, once I get the Dealership ETA Confirmed. It's being built in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
I think it's a great idea. You get the exposure you want with minimal advertising fees (around $45/car), and its obvious its working because you've already sold two.

It gives people choices. They don't have to sit blind waiting for an answer from their local dealership when they know there are other options close by.

I just wish more dealerships were doing the same, because I'm not getting jack squat from mine yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jasonandre said:
I think it's a great idea. You get the exposure you want with minimal advertising fees (around $45/car), and its obvious its working because you've already sold two.

It gives people choices. They don't have to sit blind waiting for an answer from their local dealership when they know there are other options close by.

I just wish more dealerships were doing the same, because I'm not getting jack squat from mine yet.

Thank You! Exactly my purpose. I've done enough reading to know that there are people who are waiting until Feb. to purchase an Si. We've got them pre-sold until March. The Blue one and the Black ones were off the Radar so we didn't get a chance to pre-sell them back in the fall. So far this has been a good experience. Not to mention I am pledging that I will Stick to MSRP, unlike other dealers - I've heard as much as $7000 over MSRP, or Marking vehicles up by overcharging for Accessories/or Loading them up with Wheels, Aero Kits, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Tell us more about shipping and associated costs. (Not for myself because I've already got my $500 on a car priced at MSRP. :cool: )

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
A Unique Look...

Description: CIVIC 2DR SI 6-SPD
Model Year: 2006
Model ID: FG2156JW
Color Code(s): All
State Code(s): TX
Factory Option(s): None
Exterior Color/Interior Color
Dealer #