·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already in the works - For the Sema Show -

The GReddy 2006 Civic SI

GReddy Turbo Kit (prototype):

* Includes: T518Z Turbo w/ wastegate
* Turbo manifold, exhaust adapter, e-manage piggy-back ECU, upgraded injectors, air intake, aluminum piping, misc. hardware

GReddy Intercooler Kit (prototype):

* Front-mounted intercooler & piping

GReddy Cat-Back Exhaust (prototype):

* EVO2 or EVO TT style

GReddy Electronics & Displays:

* Turbo Timer, Gauges, Boost Controller, etc.

GReddy Accessories:

* Shift Knob
* Oil Filler Cap
* Radiator Cap

GReddy Misc. Engine Parts:

* Blow-off Valve
* Spark Plugs
* Oil Catch Can
* Radiator Breather Tank
* Air Diversion Panel (prototype)

Suspension:

* GReddy Front & Rear Strut Tower Bar (prototype)
* Tein Coil-Over Suspension (prototype)

External Aero Parts:

* HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Front Spoiler
* HFP Side Skirts
* HFP Rear Under Spoiler
* Carbon Fiber Hood

Wheels:

* Volk Racing GT-V (18x7.5)

Tires:

* Nitto, Toyo, or Falken (215/40/ZR18)

Vinyl Mayhem Exterior Graphics:

* GReddy Design Vinyl Decals

Interior Accessories:

* HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Interior Dress-Up
* Sound System (TBA)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AND - don't forget about your boys at TEIN

"2006 Civic SI Tein Car"
Exterior:

* Custom 55mm(~2 inch.) metal widebody per side
* Custom modified front bumper, sides skirt, and modified rear bumper
* Carbon Fiber front, sides, and rear diffuser
* GT Wing
* Pearl White exterior paint
* TEIN vinyl graphic scheme (ex: TEIN xB)

Drivetrain:

* Custom turbo kit
* Custom intercooler
* Performance aluminum radiator*
* Custom full exhaust system
* Exedy Clutch and flywheel

Suspension and Brakes:

* TEIN coilovers-model is TBA
* TEIN Electronic Damping Force Controller
* TEIN Performance Bars*
* TEIN Hood Dampers
* StopTech Big Brake Kit*
* Earl's stainless steel brake lines
* Performance brake pads

Wheels/Tires:

* Enkei RPF1 Type RC wheels
Front and Rear: 18 x 9 +18
* Falken Azenis RT-615
Front and Rear 245/40R- 18

Interior:

* DEFI BF Imperial meters - custom mounted Boost, Oil Press., Oil Temp., Water Temp.
* DEFI Control Unit II Ver. 2
* Front Seats: Bride Ergo II in Red
* Rear Seats: Custom upholstery to match front seats
* Takata 3" Safety belts
* Door Panels to match rear upholstery
* Custom mounted DVD Headunit
* Custom enclosure and amp rack
* Rockford Fosgate Power Series-
4-channel Amplifier
2-channel Amplifier,
Front Component Speakers
Rear Component Speakers
10" Sub Woofers
1 Fared Capacitor
Installation Kit

*unconfirmed modification

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we aren't done yet
L/Natural/DVC Racing/DC Sports
2006 Civic Si

Exterior

* Vehicle Rendering (John Jeffries)
* Vehicle Wrap (Spin Imaging)
* HFP Body Kit (American Honda)
* Paint Match & Install Body Kit
* Rims 18"- 20" Custom Hyper Black (Dazz)
* Tires (BF Goodrich)
* Lowering Suspension

Interior

* (2) Front Crabon Kevlar Bucket Seats (Sparco)
* DVS/ Matix Jean Interior Design
* Custom Side Panels / Floors / Headliner
* Audio (Sony)
* Misc. Final Carbon Detail
* Race Seat Belts
* Steering Wheel
* Autometer Gages

Motor/Under The Hood

* Bottom End Swap to K24
* Top End Kit Cams Head Work
* Advanced Clutch Technology Flywheel & 6 Puck Clutch
* Aem Intake
* Aem pulleys
* Aem Fuel Rail
* Custom Drag Cartel Headers & Exhaust
* Aftermarket Computer Upgrade
* Twm 54 mm Throttle Bodies.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hasport Performance
2006 Civic Si

Vehicle Plans
The Civic Si and Ridgeline make the perfect package. If you're like us and your daily driver is a Honda as well as your race car, you no longer have to tow your race car with a non-Honda. The Ridgeline is like the last piece of the puzzle.

Civic Si
Our roots are in road racing but Hasport was built on making engine swaps easy. The Civic Si will reflect both of those themes. In the first stage, to be completed before SEMA, the engine will be swapped with a modified 2.4-liter. Modifications will include:

* ERL Performance Superdeck sleeves
* Crower rods, valves, springs, retainers
* CP Pistons
* Garrett turbo
* Full Race turbo manifold, intercooler piping and intercooler
* Hondata K-Pro engine management
* The suspension will be replaced with Progress Competition Series coil-over shocks and Progress swaybars
* Interior will feature Sparco race seats, bests and steering wheel.
* Stoptech will do the brakes, Enkei will provide the RPF1 racing wheels which will be wrapped in Falken's new Azenis RT615 Tire.
* The exterior will feature carbon-fiber body parts from Seibon.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MJH Sound
2006 Civic Si

last but not least

We realize that the delivery of the Civic Si is estimated to be in September, and that we will have a short amount of time to produce the high-quality SEMA vehicle we have plans to create. In an effort to ensure everything needed is in place for the show we will hold off on a paint job and elaborate sound system. Furthermore, we will perform all vehicle modifications in California at our affiliate shop in the City of Industry to negate wait time on delivery of the vehicle. We want to accentuate the performance aspect of the vehicle first and foremost. The vehicle will be one-of-a-kind with our custom carbon-fiber parts. From the doors to the trunk to the widebody fascias, this car will be over 50% carbon fiber. Carbon fiber will also make its way into the interior as well. We will have carbon-fiber seats, door panels, and interior pieces. The color contrast of carbon fiber will work well on the Gunmetal Grey exterior of our Civic. All of our carbon-fiber treatment will be done by TC Sportline, and we will top off the exterior with custom Racing Hart 19" Wheels. Before the exterior portion of our project takes place we will be working with Team Noble Racing out of Illinois to develop our turbo kit prototype. After the major modifications, we will perform suspensions modifications at Endless USA, and the installation of a lightweight audio system at Detroit Custom Concepts. The overall theme of this car will be directed towards Japanese Time Attack style, the new upcoming motorsport trend. With Honda being manufacturer of show at SEMA for 2005, we think this vehicle will make a statement for Honda: aftermarket success is back in Honda's hands. Initial concepts can be seen below.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Waaaayyy Cool, Webby! Thanks for the info!!!

That Greddy Si looks awesome!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Oh man, there are a lot more tuner houses than I though...of all, the hassport design is my favorite one so far...it'd look awesome being pulled by the Ridgeline prototype...
Great info webby!!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i'm not sure what i want out of the car.

If the civic ex coupe gets a turbo kit out by this summer, and it proves itself reliable and powerful... being able to get into the 13's.. then i'm down with it.

Otherwise, this winter i'm saving up and buying a bare block and head from the SI and ordering custom pistons and rods (forged) and doing my own fabricated turbo kit with k-pro or aem ems.

It sometimes pays to work at a dealership.. cuz I can get the bare block and head for REAL cheap :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
how hard do u think its going to be to squeaze a turbo into this engine bay? it looks small, even smaller then the rsx-s. i know it can be done but good lord its a k series so the instal must suck. anyone have any experance on turbo k-series?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Fishytron said:
how hard do u think its going to be to squeaze a turbo into this engine bay? it looks small, even smaller then the rsx-s. i know it can be done but good lord its a k series so the instal must suck. anyone have any experance on turbo k-series?
obviously its not going to be a problem, didnt you see the SIs from sema? several of them had the turbo kits already, all we have to do is wait for production on them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
730 Posts
my question was not if it is possible to turbo it, my question is that of difficulty. we all of course have seen the sema civcs. most of them were using the V2 k-series from the rsx meaning that the whole front clip was apart at one time so the instal was quite easy. imagine trying to do it with the block in place. the firewall is soooo close and the engine bay looks so tiny i dont now how you could with out at very least a lift to get to the back of the engine.

i plan on doing the instal of one myself and am doubting the possibility without aid of a shop. i was wondering if anyone had actual experiance with a turbo k.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
turbo'ing the rsx-s wasn't that bad.. the subframe had to be dropped to get better access for the downpipe and to bolt it to the turbo. I did the install in 2 days, only because we needed a few parts that were missing (had them shipped overnight)

but 7psi felt REAL good

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
once parts come out for the ex/si, i'll have a few guys drop by to get some parts installed and i'll know the in's and out's before any shop most likely.. just like with the rsx..

i had members come as far as upstate NY, CT, PA, DE, MD, VA - even to install just springs.. you build a good rep and know your product and you're straight.

·
Registered
730 Posts
unplugged, you had to use a lift for this subframe drop i asume? seems the only way to me. well thanks, im most likley not going to be the first so good luck.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The only sad thing at SEMA cars with turbos, was it was for show. No real specs at that time. Alot was prototypes. We'll have to wait and see whats comming out.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they had no numbers because they really can't tune it. They need to crack the ecu or do some type of piggyback ecu work. Once someone comes out with some tuning applications you'll see turbos kits being sold more.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts